Moving to Malta

Hi all,

I'll probably move to Malta soon but have some questions to ask:

1. offered pay is 30,000.00 a year, how much would that be after deducting all taht needs to be payed from a pay - basicly how much will I get to my bank acc? (i'm married with 2 kids)

2. my wife wouldnt work, in fact she would still remain resident of Croatia as our baby is still small so she gets monthly pay from goverment - how long can she stay as a tourist on Malta?

Other quest.are for other topics so just this for now :)

Hello Duxx.

I hope that the other members will help you soon.

In the meantime, you may browse the other threads on the Cost of living in Malta Forum for better insights.

Thanks and best of luck

Karen :)

Duxx wrote:

Hi all,

1. offered pay is 30,000.00 a year, how much would that be after deducting all taht needs to be payed from a pay - basicly how much will I get to my bank acc? (i'm married with 2 kids)

2. my wife wouldnt work, in fact she would still remain resident of Croatia as our baby is still small so she gets monthly pay from goverment - how long can she stay as a tourist on Malta?

you will pay approx 3450euros in tax per yr plus SSC costs

3months as a tourist - leave the island and then come back again for another 3 months is possible

I regret to remark that: ‘Malta is one of 11 EU countries that have introduced restrictions for workers from Croatia, which joined the EU on 1 July,…………………..'

In this regard, please see - Malta limits intake of Croatian workers - The Malta Independent Daily, Thursday, 4th July, 2013 at 12:04:

http://www.independent.com.mt/articles/ … 987346434/

toonarmy9752 wrote:
Duxx wrote:

Hi all,

you will pay approx 3450euros in tax per yr plus SSC costs

3months as a tourist - leave the island and then come back again for another 3 months is possible

TY for your answers, now 2 more :)

what is SSC costs?

can she just take a farry trip to sicily, stay there one day and come back or she needs to go back to home land stay "xy" time there and then come back?