Moving towards Australia; Required information...

Hi Every Body;
Good Day!
I'm permanent resident of Australia and living here in Kuwait with my family (Me+ My Wife+ my Son 9 months old).
As I told about my PR, I'm planning to permanently settle down over there in Australia but to be very frank; I don't know much about the areas where I can settle down easily. I'm Electrical Engineer and want to find Electrical related job over there. Some of my friends suggested me to go to Perth but really except Melbourne, I don't aware of any area because I spent quite few time there in Melbourne. As per my experience, Melbourne is not suitable for me to settling down because of job scope. Seeking some information about Perth if you guys don't mind then please give me some details about,
•    Job scope?
•    The living cost?
•    House rent?
•    May I book a flat before my departure?
•    Further any official requirement which has to  fulfill there at arrival?
etc. and any other important which you think to bring in to notice.
I'm a Muslim and prefer to reside near Muslim community if possible.
Your reply will be really a big help for me to plan my permanent departure towards the Australia.
Note: May reply on umair_koc at yahoo. com
Cheers,
Umair

Hello Umair Saeed.

Concerning the job scope in Australia, here are some articles that you can read in order to collect some informations.

- Labor market in Australia or Find a job in Australia.

Moreover you may also post your resume/Cv in the Electrician job offers in Perth section.

Regarding the cost of living in Perth, you may browse the other discussions on the Cost of living in Perth Forum for better insights.

For the house rent, it would be better to post an advert in the Properties for rent in Perth section and also specify which type of accomodation you're looking for.

Thanks and good luck

Karen :)

thaks a lot Karen for the reply. as i mentioned above im not aware of perth thats why it is little scaring for me to make an idea for the permanent move. anyways thanks for your information, if you have any further in regard of my query please let me know. By the way  in wihcih state you are residing and what kind of job you are seving? if not personal maybe i know about it.
thanks again for your time to write for me.

Chears,

Umair

Hello Umair Saeed.

I am currently in Mauritius and I am a member of the Expat.com Team.

So, if you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Thanks

Karen :)