Import and export tax and regulations.

just checking dear bros and sis:

1. import from overseas through China from the border of Hanoi
2. import from cambodia from the border of tai nen?

is there a free trade zone at vietnam?

import tax based on products is varries from 5% up to 25%, but selling price seems so low, is it import raw material and process here at vietnam, there will be lower tax, or anything?

foreign company if want to open a branch office or maybe factory for production, and guidance?

please advice.
thanks a million..... cheers.... huat huat....

import/ export tax depends on many things such as: kinds of product, purpose, legal status of importer/ exporter, etc

Hi Rosyvn,

Thank you for your contribution :)

Maybe an introduction please ;)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

As i know, for the things that import for producing in Vietnam such as: machine, material to build up the fixed assets, the tax is 0.
material to use for producing the goods to export (just export only), the tax is also 0.

0 tax for manufacturing in vietnam? u mean 0 tax? hmmm so if i buy machines and inport from overseas to vietnam, and raw materials inport from overseas also 0? as long as i manufacture this at vietnam right? maybe i need to confirm all information with the gov bodies, cannot be lazy when want to do business at vietnam right? cheers... thanks for the reply anyway.

export is 0, local usage is taxeable.....hmmm funny......hihi.... no wonder samsung products here at vietnam is more expensive than overseas although now all samsung products is stated "made in vietnam"........:P

you may misunderstand my information. I mean that in case you import for using in creation the fixed assets (you have to prove it), the tax is 0. Second thing that you import raw material to produce in Vietnam for export, the tax is 0 too. Mean, if you import material for producing serve domestic, you have to obey the tax regulations. :)

well noted rosy, complicated, but applicable. will try to check with gov bodies again for more detail procedure.