Getting married in Lithuania

Hi all,

We invite all the ones who got married in Lithuania or who are about to get married in Lithuania to participate in this thread :)

What are the formalities to get married in Lithuania? Is it the same for a couple of foreigners of for a mixed couple (between a foreigner and a native of Lithuania)?

Are the procedures complicated?

How long does it take to carry out all the formalities?

Thank you in advance for participating,

Armand

I'm trying to do this myself! We have been told by our embassy that we can only marry in the municipality where we are registered, and we have to obtain residency which is a longish process. We are both UK citizens living in Lithuania and we have residency status already which is half the hurdle. I have been told that it's not possible for non-residents and that Lithuania doesn't want to encourage marriage tourism. Don't know if that's true or not.

Hi smferguson!

Thanks for your input ;)

Armand

[Moderated]

my uncle is married with a polish woman in England my uncle lives going to live in Lithuania but my my aunty do not agree and refused to live in Lithuania any one how should we convince her to live in Lithuania?

Hi everyone,
I have a question about weddings for foreigners in Lithuania? I'm not interested in a church wedding, only the civil one.
What kind of documents do we need in which language, is it possible to do it outside the Register Office, for example a park? Please, if someone knows the answer, I would be very grateful for a help.

hey guys im already married to a lithuanian citizen hehe do u think we still need to fix some papers to be able for us to get marry again in lithuania ? also our marriage certificate from philippines has been registered in their place . so i was thinking if it will be easier for us to get marry again without no more papers needed :) thanks

Hello kristeta24.

Please note that this is an old topic.

Feel free to start a new one on the Lithuania Forum.

Thanks

Karen :)

I am plan on marring a Lithuanian woman what are the license fees?