I would like to live in Bali.

I would like to meet other people who are still living in their own country and who would like to work and live in Bali.... people like myself.
May be we can start a discussion over here. Anyone want to join and start this here with me and others....

Regards and enjoy life!!
Ans

I moved to Bali last year and enjoying very much to be here.  I would be happy to try and help with any questions you might have.

I need a flat as I will be moving to Bali soon. Need help, reference will be good.

HCE, maybe you should post in the classifieds ?

I also would love to move to Bali from Australia, i have found a villa i can lease for 20 years which is great value. working in Bali or opening a business I don't know??? if someone has information on this it would be great to hear from you. I would love to open a restaurant music bar. Could afford without but I think you would go crazy not having something to do.   

The Villa is 4 bedroom so open to anyone wanting to share (not committed yet)

Hi Matt,

I am currently looking for an investor to set up a concept bar/cafe (see classifieds). If you think you may be interested drop me a line. Operating this kind of business in Bali is not straightforward. I have been here for 11 years now and know the pros and cons.

I wish you luck and please feel free to ask for any pointers

Thank guys for replying on my message.
I was at Bali this February and July/August. Still in the Netherlands and still have this Bali-dream. I need to winn the lottery first..... pffff.

As long as I can afford to go on holiday to Bali I am happy too.

Hey Guys! I live in Australia, I was in Bali for the first time a few weeks ago and is considering moving to Bali to live and work. What can a 26yr old female australia do for work in Bali....hey guys would you to throw me a job???

Nothing is straight forward in Bali. Been here 7months going 8 soon and have looked at a range of business options, villas to live etc. One day you get one price the next day another. Balinese live in present so things are done in the present. You have to accept the way things are done here and not compare to home otherwise there is no point in coming. I chose to come here knowing the pitfalls. Bali has a lot going for it but like every country it has its pro's and cons.

Driving: its manic on the roads so advice if coming either get used to it or catch cabs. As rupiah high more and more traffic congestion especially around seminyak.  Alternative is to get a driver with car that way if you have an accident you are not as liable as if you were driving yourself.  If on bike good luck. You know what i mean.

Work: There are heaps of people looking to work in Bali. Suggest you look at Bali adverstiser for opportunites or Global expat, Concord services. If you speak bahasa you have more opportunities here unless can get transfered here from your organisation whic works especially if in hospitality. A kitas costs 1200 usd and then about 7-8 mill rupiah so a sponsor can help or can pay if someone willing to help. It takes just over a month to get a kitas.

Setting up a business: fraught with issues. Need to be very specific what you want to do. Much to complicated to explain here. Toursim/hospitality most expensive to set up. Need X dollars in bank acct here but ways to get around, need to employ staff, have reg office, costs about 14-20,000 aus with all kitas etc. No longer can set up a Cv only PT and PMA. PMA gives a foreigner total control anything other is in name of nominee, director, commisionare which are indonesian. Need notaris to set up. Takes up to 6 months to organise paperwork which is sent to jakarta

Living: Many foreigners with dollars live in Sanur, Ubud, Seminyak, Kerobakan, Canguu and Umulas. Others live in different locales for a range of reasons. Each has positives and negs for living however the prices are on the rise and in Seminyak, kerobakan, Canguu and Umulas. You pay for a leased villa around 60-180 mill a year paid upfront. The price difference is due to your expectations, air con, wifi, pool, no of beds etc. Some villa owners will only go into negotaitions if you take for 2 years or more.

Hope this helps those interested in coming here to live.  Sue

Hey Lily, I normally don't push my business to anyone and especially not on a forum like this but if you need help to set up a business without so much heartache, just give me a shout. Sounds like you have a fair grasp on things but it doesnt have to be as hard as you think with $$ in the bank and time frames you mentioned etc. I build houses in Bali and we sell to foreigners so as a subsidiary I have a company that set's up PMA for foreign people. Normally we can have it all wrapped up within a few months and it costs around $6,000-$7,000 with nothing in the bank. Sing out if you need anything. Nick Tutty +31 654 971 000

Hi Nick
Just wandering about your company and the services it provides to set up a business (PMA) in Bali with all Kitas etc?
Is this your company?
My family and I are relocating to Bali later in the year and are looking into this.

Hi and welcome on the forum Nicktutty and Nai2002 :)

Your messages are off topic! Please use the private message option for these information.

Thanks and regards
Armand

Hello! I saw your post and am seriously considering moving to Bali as well! I hope you found the information you are looking. However, if you'd like we could share collective information about living/moving there and perhaps find mutual friends along the way!

Sure that to hear from you.

Matt

Hi There :)

I am looking to move to Bali for minimum of 6 months from Australia as soon as I can figure out how the visa system works!Does anyone know if I am able to arrive and pay monthly as I go? Would love your advice and tips on how you are able to live in Indo? Hoping to arrive in Bali in about 2 weeks! Love to hear from you!

jaikay

Hi there,

I have also recently arrived in Bali and I am enjoying getting used to life here, very different from inner city Melbourne.

I am working/volunteering at MBM, a development NGO working with the local people.

I am also after tips on living in Bali. I have been looking into what is needed to ride a motorbike in Bali.

Emily

Make sure you wear your helmet and be careful ride slow, if you had international license you would be ok to ride.

For you guys looking at moving to Bali or buying a business, pm me and I will give you all the detIlsnyou need and who is the best to go through fornLl the legal stuff with half the turn around time. Australian owned business too.

I love Bali !

anssaraj wrote:

I would like to meet other people who are still living in their own country and who would like to work and live in Bali.... people like myself.
May be we can start a discussion over here. Anyone want to join and start this here with me and others....

Regards and enjoy life!!
Ans

I am Haapy to join in with anything you have to offer re moving to Bali

I too am also looking at moving to Bali from Perth, Western Australia.So much to organise and finding it hard to find somewhere to live over there.I will be going over in February for a month so that i can check things out in person.How have u found it getting things in line for your move?

fifetyshades wrote:

I too am also looking at moving to Bali from Perth, Western Australia.So much to organise and finding it hard to find somewhere to live over there.I will be going over in February for a month so that i can check things out in person.How have u found it getting things in line for your move?

Check out the numerous Facebook pages for Bali rentals to give you an idea of prices before you head over in February.

Hi Ans,
I live in bali, where do you live now?

jaikay13 wrote:

Hi There :)

I am looking to move to Bali for minimum of 6 months from Australia as soon as I can figure out how the visa system works!Does anyone know if I am able to arrive and pay monthly as I go? Would love your advice and tips on how you are able to live in Indo? Hoping to arrive in Bali in about 2 weeks! Love to hear from you!

jaikay

6 months Bali very easy - technically 180 days as 6 visa 30days
> apply for social visa through an invitation and receive a 60 days stay permit which than as for now can be 4 times extended 30 days (you can do yourself at 25$ per time or 60$ through agents)
after you need leave country

There is no longer any need for the old sosbud, sosial budaya visa which requires an Indonesian sponsor at visa application.   

One can simply apply for a 60 day visit visa and these are also renewable here in Bali for up to 4 times, each time being good for an additional 30 days…180 days total stay without the need to make a visa run (leave Indonesia).   

http://www.kbri-canberra.org.au/consula … ourist.htm

I had 2 years ago had a problem prolongation a 60 days pure tourist visa ... and needed intervention of nice "mister $" to solve ...
there seem to be recently again new guidelines on obtaining new 60days and/or social visas immediately after each other like a lot do (and I did) with a Singapore visa run, both or in 1 day through agent or doing alone in 2-3 business days
now some happy as after marriage with my local istri got the "marriage kitas" yearly with the yearly multiple entrance ... was told need 5 years and than a 5 yearly residence permission ....

There are always potential problems when renewing a 60 day visit visa to Indonesia and these issues generally involve one or two concerns by immigration…some illegal activity possibly going on, or illegally working here. 

The three immigration offices on Bali have really cleaned up their operations in just the past few years, and corruption, while once the norm, is rather rare these days.

Hey any body out there, but Australia is just to hard.
We are looking to move to Bali. Any help in any areas would be great....

Many thanks Drina xx

We all want the same just need to make the move

Hello drinamossy ---> an introduction may be?

Could you give us more precisions? Seems like your message is a little bit vague :rolleyes:

Thanks

Karen :)

I just meant to say Australia is just getting way to expensive and stressful to live. We would just like any hints on living expenses, visa for 12 plus months, work, just any little hints that will help us along the way.

Many thanks Drina

Hello drinamossy > why don't you start a new topic with your questions on the Bali forum for more visibility and responses. It might really help you to find more infos. :)

Thank you ;)

[ moderated: no free ad on the forum. Please use the Bali business directory. Thanks.]

Hi Matt, my name is Vicki and I also live on the Gold Coast. Im glad I have found this forum as many others don't seem too friendly. I am planning to retire in Bali also and am just waiting on some surgery and the sale of my unit in Noosa, then I can start to make some plans. I was also thinking of sharing as I am doing that now and it works for me. Lets keep in touch, regards, Vicki

Hi Vicki yes this is a good sites my will help you with your questions. So tell me why Bali for you and what you expect and plan to do and how you will live day to day.
I have not moved yet and can't till I also seek properties as you know the Gold Coast is on its knees in the property area.
Hope we can chat as u am interested

MATT

Hi Matt, as you know the property market here is bad which is forcing me to sell and not have as much money as I had intended to retire on. I spent a month in Thailand in Oct-Nov thinking that would be a good place but definitely not for a single woman, I couldnt wait to leave. So as I have been to Bali a few times b4 I started doing research and think this may be the place for me, Its a lot more friendly and it will be easier to make friends. I will be trying to live on an Australian pension and some money in the bank but could also consider a small business venture to keep busy, any thoughts?

Business is very hard and risky, we as Australians can't work there legally have a business is paying corruption money to survive.
What area are you thinking of living
How many times you been to Bali, I would recommend trying it for 12months before locking into any long lease.
There are many nice people from Australia in Bali have you been to Lovina

I have an online store which should work from Bali depending on the postal system. I have read quite a bit and there doesn't seem to be a problem there. Money would be going into an Australian bank account so no need to worry about taxes over there. I have been to Lovina and its a lovely place, im thinking around Sanur or outskirts, its all about price really, isn't it?

Yes so true what money can buy

[moderated : advertisement]