Visa for wife

Hi

I am from India and my husband is about to get his Iqama.

Is it necessary to have my husbands name on my passport to get family visa? We do have the marriage certificate.

people residing in middle east and Arab countries are understand this Iqama , anyway you didn't mentioned the country where u need get visa , and to get family visa its important husband's name on Passport also  marriage certificate is enough. depends the country where u go to apply .

Yours sincerely
By Lamp
[email protected]

its for Saudi Arabia

Hi Puja

There are different requirements for every country. However I do not believe there is any need for adding your husband's name on your passport. Marriage certificate should be enough.

thanks tansari and jojolam

HI! Puja,
Marriage Certificate is enough. But you would need to get it translated to Arabic from an Authorised translator in India and then get it attested.
There are agents who can get this stuff done for you for about 5-6K.

Hi puja,

Incase you do not have a marraige certificate (for whatever reasons) you can have an affidavit made form any of the courts and have it attested from the Saudi embassy.
It is not required to have your husband's name on the passport (my wife still does not have it), but it is desirable.
Thanks,
Raunak