Moving to India and finding a job

Hi Everyone

My name is Ewa and I currently live in London (last 8 years) but my dream is to move to India or Mauritius. Couple of years ago I spend some time in Sri Lanka and really love the experience. I don't have money and would need to find a job there. I am trained fashion designer and pattern cutter with some experience (not huge)I know fashion industry is big in India but they tend to employ Idian people. I am looking for advice or help to make my dream come through.

Any comments or suggestions welcome

All the best to everyone

Ewa

Welcome on board Ewa ;)

Topic moved to India Anglophone forum. I hope that other members will be able to help you.

All my wish of success for your project.

Hi Ewa ,

Well its a good thought that u wanna come to India and Work,Offcourse Srilanka is a neighbouring country and u always reach there in quick time.I suggest u to choose Bangalore to work in India and its in south aswell.Fashion Industry is on the rise and you can find retail fashion outlets and houses to work.U can email me ur latest resume and I will forward it the to the right people.U can email me on [email protected]

Regards...

Wasim

Hey Ewa!

The Indian market is surely expanding and has immense potential for growth. I know so many people from different countries who are working in a variety of sectors and call India home now. Architects, Cinematographers, Translators...Difficult to list them all! lol
Having said that, you are right about the fashion industry employing mostly Indians and that's essential in a way cuz there is so much homegrown talent that needs to be given the right opportunities. If you want to pursue a career as a fashion designer here, you will have to spend time here and keep trying. There are no shortcuts. You will also have to be on your guard and use your discretion while dealing with people who will claim to 'help' you. The best thing would be to check out available job opportunities with top labels and designers. With your experience, I'm sure you'll be able to find something! I have a few friends who are in the  field of fashion in different. Let me know if you want me to talk to them

Hope I've helped!
Feel free to ask any more questions you might have!

Cheers
Vikas

hi Ewa

(moderated: please post in the classifieds)

Hello Ewa,

Have you managed to find a job in India?

May be we can help you. You may contact us at our e-mail address [email protected]

Hi there

I am still in London but had job interview for position in Chenai. I still haven't heard from them so i'm not sure they will decide to offer me the job
if you have any suggesstion please let me know

thanks
e

Hi Eva,

Thank for the message, well I might come to London next month and we can meet then to discuss the job situation. My brother is working with one of leading export & fashion house in India so I'll speak to him it would be great if your could send us your resume at e-mail address mentioned below.

[email protected]
Thanks & Regards,
Kumar

HELLOW EVRYONE. I HOPE THIS PLACE IS STILL ECTIVE.
I AM FROM ISRAEL.I VISITED INDIA MANY TIMES AND I ALLWAYS LOVED IT.5 YEARS AGO I STAYED 1 YEAR IN BANGALORE ERIA AND VOLUNTEERED IN AN ORPHENAGE.
I MISS VERY MUCH WORKING IN INDIA. I AM A SOCIAL WORKER AND HAVE MANY YEARS OF EXPERIENCE. THIS TIME I WOULD LIKE TO FIND A JOB WICH I CAN BE PAIED SINCE ITS A VERY DEMENDING JOB AND I DONT HAVE MONEY TO STAY FOR LONG WITH OUT GETTING PAIED.
IF ANY ONE OF YOU KNOWS IF IT IS POSSIBLE I WOULD LIKE U TO SHEAR THIS INFORMATION WITH ME.

Hi TAJLADY!

Could you please avoid posting in caps lock on the forum?

Thanks
Armand

i had a problem with my printer. thats why my postcame in caps. isent it obvious?
is that all?

hi  am  from  india (kerala    gods on  country)    nw  am  working in  kuwait  .  next   nonth  almost    july   11 i  wil  go   back in       home  (kerala)if u  lik  conuct  me.  ([email protected])

Hi tutumathews!Kerala is indeed a wonderful place! i'v been there 3 times.what work are u doing in Kuwait? i will contact you to your mail too.

Dear Ewa

Welcome to India. You can either move to Mumbai or Bangalore .
There are lot opportunities in the field of Fashion Design in these Cities.

Regards
Chinnappa

[email protected]