Trusted businesses site in Thailand - FOR EXPATS

Hi,

I'm currently living in Australia and about to move to Thailand permanently in the next 6 months (just planning ahead) and I've noticed there is a lack of directories focused on TRUSTED services for expats (without getting ripped off). We do see some recommendations on forums but most people who don't have time to read through all the many forums

I'm looking at create this directory for Thailand ONLY and limiting each category (accountant, dentist, doctor, visa agents etc) to only top 20 businesses WE can trust.

All of the listings would be based on recommendations from expats who have used the service before rather than just random. The top 20 will be based on the most popular and best reviewed.

How does everyone here feel if I would create this?
I would love to get some support from this forum.

Thanks,
Paul

Hi Paul , that's a great idea, if you can get most of the expats to cooperate. It will take some time though to get all the info you want. Good luck

if anyone want to give some support
add me on skype paulromero486

Paul

Good luck with the project. The idea is probably ok for the likes of the big connurbations but many of us do not live in such places.

I don't know what your experience of Thailand and its very diverse expat community is,  but I fancy it might be difficult to get folk to make recommendations.

Maybe a tip to put on that site you want to make..
If someone going to get a operation or something, that one donŽt need to be done today, but have a few week for it, there is a lot of money to be save...

My friend is doing it now, here is how he doing it..
He was told one of the best Doctors for what he looking for was on bumrungrad private hospital, and for what he want bumrungrad want a little more then 400.000 baht..

Then hes Thai friend found out on the internet, that the doctor doing it, all so work on a government hospital, doing the same thing 4 time a month, Total price 42.000 baht..

Sure if you NEED it done now you need to use the private hospital, but if you have time, you can save a lot of money..

I being told the many of the doctors on private hospital all so work 1-4 days on government hospital pr month..

I am not sure if that only correct for Bangkok area..

Only a info for you guys/girls out there...

good idea,
however Government Hospitals tend to have waiting lists that can be rather long,
do not be surprised to get the call after  3 or 6 months or longer.

@8eVO

This is an old (2013) inactive thread.

Yes, I noticed the same.
I am looking at moving hopefully in near future. I keep reading and noticed that in spite of the situation it is still possible to get the job, much more complicated but possible. However I would really appreciate if somebody can suggest where to look, websites etc.

Thanks

It is a good idea in setting up this information base. However, be mindful in authenticating the recommendations. You may become part of the line of responsibility as someone may rely on your information but eventually ending up very unhappy. Disclaimer is insufficient as we are not sure how Thai law interprets liabilities.