Buying land check list

I'm back again... Finally got a job after a year unemployed!

So I am back to looking at buying land probably a farm and would like to
see if someone can tell me in order the things to get done and paper work to look for when buying land in the PI. Kind of a check list I guess.

Also anything to look for or watchout for.

Thanks duder

Are you married to a Philippina? Otherwise, cannot buy land. Lease yes.

Biggest issue with land is to obtain proper title, which is not an easy thing. There are no title companies, so need to do a lot of research and make sure everything is paid up (taxes) and no one else can lay claim.

Good luck.

My wife is from Pangasanan, and my oldest son was born at Clark and I think he has a local birth certificate. So he may have a dual citizenship, not 100% sure on that.

So it sounds like how its done in the US but requires you to do all the leg work to check everything yourself. I have heard of relatives selling other family members property when they are away working or abroad. AARRGG!

So does this sound right, please correct.....

Verify the owner is really the owner.

If its an agent, verify they are an agent and that the people they represent are who they say they are.

If buying from a bank would it be safer?

Verify the land is exists from their title, physically see the property and maybe check with neighbors to verify the owners etc.

Check for markers and make a rough measurement of the size and see if it matches.

Who would you check with to check the owners if multiple or correct names on title? Liens?

I think with the parcel number from the title check if taxes are paid up? What office would that be?

I guess have a lawyer draw up a contract / bill of sale.

Pay everyone money.

So I guess the bill of sale would be submitted for a new title?

Can't give any detailed advice, sure a lot of agents will be giving thoughts.  But would highly recommend visiting for 1-3 months and make sure you really want to buy land. Its very difficult to sell and you may decide farming is not worth it, unless its more of a hobby. Can probably rent land easier than buying.

Also, is your wife a US citizen? May have to reapply for the PI citizenship but hear its a relatively easy process.

She has been in the US 30+ years. Now a long time ago I heard she would only have to register to vote and that would establish her being a citizen. But I'm sure it has changed.

Timely article.
http://liveinthephilippines.com/content … t-hunting/

That hit the nail on the head! My wife wants a farm next to the mall and I want to be out away from the noisy a bit.
I found 21 acres listed for 1.5 million, I was thinking jackpot! She seen it and said I would be captured by NPA and killed.  AARRGG!

Duder wrote:

That hit the nail on the head! My wife wants a farm next to the mall and I want to be out away from the noisy a bit.
I found 21 acres listed for 1.5 million, I was thinking jackpot! She seen it and said I would be captured by NPA and killed.  AARRGG!

where is the 21 acres located??? The NPA and MILF are not everywhere..LOL...Is that 1.5 million pesos or dollars???

Its peso's, here is the link....
http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/view+ … ion,2-2,22