Looking for a place in Sawangan, Depok

Hello everyone,
       My wife and I are looking for a nice place to stay in the Sawangan area in Depok reasonably close to the Lazuardi school complex. If it is a bit farther away that is ok, as long as it is affordable. We are both English teachers. I am American and my wife is Indonesian. We are both easy to get along with and respectful of other's space.

We are looking for a place with air-conditiong, refrigerator and a room for us at the very least. Water heater, TV, Wifi and other extras would be very nice, but not necessary.

Apartments, houses or any other offers with a spare room and the necessities listed above are all welcome. We need it by the end of this month (July), latest, so please, don't delay. Thanks for any and all replies! Hope to  hear from you soon.

Daniel

[ moderated: no free ad. Please post in Housing in Indonesia. thanks.]

To sell? We are looking for something to rent, for awhile, not buy. I forgot to mention that in the OP, my fault.

Hello justa.

You should post an advert in the Properties for rent in Indonesia section. It might be of a great help.

Thanks

Karen :)

Hi Daniel,

I have friends in that area,i'll try to contact them and hopefully
they can check  it out for me,I'm also from the USA(Hawaii)
and been living in an Island of Bali,for the opast of 25 years,
my job is to help the Expat,to avoid the middle man,(Agency)
for their Visa's requirement and acting as a sponsor too.
Since your wife is Indonesian,she can just look at local news paper
Post Kota,anyway, I'll do my best to help you with it.
Wish you the best of luck,Pal

Daniel, are you and your wife in Jakarta yet?

At Debbie: Thanks a lot. We appreciate any help. We were there the other day, looking ourselves and have searched online but nothing yet.

At Luke: Yes, we are both in Jakarta right now, the Cipinang area.

Sometimes you need to walk the streets and see what is on offer as many properties are rented privately, the other thing to do is search for a more upmarket kost near the school and keep searching from there.
Make sure ypur wife does the asking and negoiating before the landlords see you, to keep the price in the realms of reality.

Yes, I agree with you. We did just that last Friday. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be much offered in the area around the school (Lazuardi)and of course I know not to be seen, haha.

http://www.sewa-apartemen.net/category/ … tag=harian some apartment in Depok. Hope it helps.

Daniel, its quite a distance from where you are,a friend of mine still
looking,hopefully get the room near by the school complex
what's the street name of school complex,what if he getin Jln: Margonda
anyway,I'll keep intouch.

Yes, we are quite far away, heh. This is the street : rangkapan jaya, sawangan. We also looked at margonda, but it is quite expensive after they add on the service charge per month and it is also still kind of far to travel from there to Lazuardi everyday.