Future Options for foreign workers in Saudi Arabia

After the shocking news (6 year old work permits not renew) for Saudi Arabian expatriates. A statement that is like a sigh of relief and relaxation has been given by Saudi Labor Minister Adel Fakeih. Summery of this statement is that. Expatriates should not worry about their future in Saudi Arabia and We (Saudi Govt) didn't forget you any moment in andy decesion. I have noted following important points from Minister's today's statement that is published at Arabnews.com

1. Companies in the Kingdom will have time limit until Sept. 7 to achieve a prescribed quota of Saudi employees.

2. Saudization violating companies fall into 2 categories.
   - Yellow : Companies that have not reached Saudization quota levels of employment
   - Red : Companies that have flouted Saudization rules altogether.

3. Yellow category, the visas of their employees, who have spent six years or more, will not be renewed.

4. Red category, their foreign employees will not be able to renew their work visas with those companies at all.

5. Expatriate workers employed by red and yellow companies that they would be allowed to move to green-category companies.

6. Foreign workers who are in Red and Yellow category do not require a no-objection certificate from their employer (Sponsor's permission) in order to switch jobs.Yellow or red categories will no longer be able to block their foreign workers from switching jobs to companies in the green category.

7. There is a chance Nearly 50 percent employees from Yellow & Red categories can be absorbed by the green-category companies.

8. For any questions/troubles Saudi Labor Minister Adel Fakeih can be reaced via his e-mail address: [email protected]

thanks for the update mirza.

Hi Mirza,

Thanks for sharing this topic...

Keep up the good work :)

hi
i am dentist in india i am selected for job of assisstant professor in jazan university...
i want to know what is the scenario of expat from india for such jobs in universities after all the new laws that has been implemented.

Hi drgurpreet,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Feel free to start a new thread on the Saudi Arabia Forum for a better interaction as this thread is dated 2011 :)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team