Jakarta is a city of Traffic Jam

where u can explore traffic all day long...

Hello Win77, :)

Do you want to know where we can explore traffic all day long, or you want to state that Jakarta is a city of traffic jam?

Maybe you can share other stuffs other than the traffic in Jakarta? For example, how you find the everyday life there. ;)

Thank you,
Pravin.

The traffic may be terrible but there is always something weird and wonderful rolling along the roads. I saw a maserati tonight refusing to over take a parked car for fear of it being scratched and this morning a bike so overloaded with boxes the rider just fell over. Everyday something different.

win77 wrote:

are you sure,win77?

what you had experienced in Jakarta is nothing compared to Brussels and Antwerp, Belgium...

Pravinsing wrote:

Hello Win77, :)

Do you want to know where we can explore traffic all day long, or you want to state that Jakarta is a city of traffic jam?

Maybe you can share other stuffs other than the traffic in Jakarta? For example, how you find the everyday life there. ;)

Thank you,
Pravin.

AGREE!!!

instead of talking about shitty things in Jakarta but then still live in Jakarta,breathe the air and drink the water and can't do anything to fix it..
better say nice things
well...the shitty stuffs will stay there i believe...but will be more acceptable if we can see all those with acceptance

lukereg wrote:

The traffic may be terrible but there is always something weird and wonderful rolling along the roads. I saw a maserati tonight refusing to over take a parked car for fear of it being scratched and this morning a bike so overloaded with boxes the rider just fell over. Everyday something different.

we were dealing with the same stuffs i guess...
:lol:

and yes,up to now, i still enjoy the traffic jam!
remember the last day when i told you i spent more than one hour from senopati to tendean raya?

grumpy a bit, but then i found many things to learn..and to laugh in to

When I used to travel in and out of the city with a driver, we used to wave at everyone on buses or in the back of trucks for fun, I still if I get a chance, but the best thing is when you pull up next to a car or bike and the people inside or riders start pointing and mouthing bule on a bike. Always funny to see!

aabie ryan wrote:

better say nice things

The traffic is crap, the roads are terrible and you buy a driving licence but, here comes the nice bit, it makes for great photos.

Dark silver cloud lining.

see?

there will always something good in not-so-good things

the point is..how we react to it

"buleeeeee...."

mas fred wrote:
aabie ryan wrote:

better say nice things

The traffic is crap, the roads are terrible and you buy a driving licence but, here comes the nice bit, it makes for great photos.

Dark silver cloud lining.

those are nice...
just as nice as......ummm....:whistle:

I wish the title of this thread was "Jakarta city full of strawberry jam" I like strawberry jam

aabie ryan wrote:

see?

there will always something good in not-so-good things

the point is..how we react to it

"buleeeeee...."

Bingo - give the lady a coconut.

the lady doesn't need coconut...

she needs a bouncing sheep as a pet

Hi all,

This topic is going off topic, can the topic be centered on the title Jakarta is a city of Traffic Jam.

Thank you,

David.

aabie ryan wrote:

That sounds like you're trying to chat me up.
Have you any idea how long it takes to get into Jakarta from BSD in this terrible traffic?

win77 wrote:

But whats your point of saying this?
I think you need to say more than a sentence...
Or you just want to be negative? Please explain :-)

The traffic is almost as terrible as this thread

and when David said this thread is off topic, maybe he wanted to say Jakarta is off traffic

Sophie Fisher wrote:
win77 wrote:

But whats your point of saying this?
I think you need to say more than a sentence...
Or you just want to be negative? Please explain :-)

maybe because she doesn't have anything else to say to start a convo...
talking about something negative could be an option...

mas fred wrote:
aabie ryan wrote:

That sounds like you're trying to chat me up.
Have you any idea how long it takes to get into Jakarta from BSD in this terrible traffic?

as fast as one rotation of the moon

The city will always be like that while the public transport facilities hasn't been fixed by the government
Now they are building new Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) and monorail but can only be operated most quickly on 2016
Whether can reduce congestion in Jakarta? we'll see..

The MRT wont solve anything rather just move the congestion to somewhere else because it is being built on an already failed infrastructure. So whilst there will be park and ride facilities at certain points in the city, nothing else will be upgraded to support them. If you look at the new elevated toll which ends near Cilandak, it just ends into the existing busy chaos. Rules, increased fuel costs and taxes coupled with real focused public transport and real upholding of the laws would be a start to resolving the traffic issues but lets face it, the people themselves wont accept that so the city will never get past step one.

Agree with "Lukereg". As long as the Jakarta citizens just think and do whatever they wanna do without tolerating others, the traffic will never be solved. Need strong and full law enforcement. I think it is better to fix and renew all the buses first. People still need buses after they step down from MRT, right? If the buses still uncomfortable, people with cars/motorcycles wont take MRT either.
For expats, better use a comfort car to enjoy the entertainment inside the car. Enjoy the cinemas often which I think is cheaper than other countries.

Silly question, is cycling considered to be a good idea there?

Fyi, I used to cycle, albeit short distance in Jakarta but that was eons ago. I've heard that traffic is much worse nowadays. I knew then, it was impossible for pedestrians to safely walk from point A to point B without getting squeezed by some bajaj or some motorist trying to get through -- except if you're walking in Sudirman, I think? I don't know whether Sudirman area still has a wide sidewalk?

Cycling is far more popular than ever and more and more push bikes are used in the city. Car free Sundays have helped promote that, however why anyone would want to ride through Jakarta during the day in the heat and pollution is beyond me. Riding the motorbike is hard enough.
Sudirman still has wide sidewalks and you walk across the city should you wish. I have walked from from Thamrin to Blok M on more than occasion and it was fairly enjoyable.