Returning to Paraguay

I have been granted Permanent Admission to Paraguay. My problem is that I am in Australia, and my permanent admission card has been picked up by a friend in Asuncion, and that's where it remains.  I don't trust the postal system enough to have it mailed to me.  I have the same passport and in that passport I have my original temporary permanent admission and receipt that Migracciones gave me when I first made my application.  It was stamped a couple of times giving an extension to the 90 days, but the last stamp has long expired. 
I was told by Migracciones before I left Paraguay that there would be no problems returning with just that piece of paper, even with the expired stamps, and that there no longer existed the need for a Certificado de Returno.
Can anyone confirm or refute the advice that there will be no problems?  I will be in Buenos Aires for a few days before returning to Paraguay, so I can try and fix any problems at the consulate, but, as anyone knows who has been there, it is like a circus inside the consulate, and I'd rather not try and explain my problems if I don't have to.
Thanks in advance.

Congratulations! How long did it take for you to get the card?

About 9 months, but it was held up a bit by President Lugo's impeachment and the government paralysis that followed.

Do you know by any chance if you pay an income tax in Paraguay of out of Paraguay income?
Sorry, a little off the subject, but you seem to be knowledgeable and the only person "alive" on the forum.
Thanks in advance!

Sorry, no idea.

Sorry Gabtar, I have no idea about your permanent visa...canŽt you call the embassy in Australia?  IsnŽt there one there?

3lckr: Regarding income tax
"an income tax in Paraguay of out of Paraguay income?"
the question is a little confusing...

If you live and work in Paraguay, there is a 10% income tax, for example for people offering personal services.  As of 2013, depending on your income, everybody has to pay income tax, again 10%, but you can write off almost everything.  For the introduction phase, only people earning, I think, 16 minimal salaries a month, so 16 x 1.6 million guaranies, had to pay income tax.

Please, anyone, correct me if IŽm wrong...

The first thing I did was contact the Consulate in Australia, and they said the same thing as Migraccionnes in Asuncion: No problem.  There is however a world of difference between a diplomat in an office in Canberra and a young, perhaps undereducated, border guard in a booth at Clorinda/Puerto Falcon. Guess who decides if I can get in?  All I am after is info from someone who has, or knows someone who has, physically crossed the border with an expired 90 day permanent visa (the one with the big red stripe they issue in Migracciones) and what happened at the border.
The same question applies if anyone has flown in. Perhaps the border guards at the airport are more up to date with the rules. I also can do that, though air travel from Buenos Aires is 3 times as expensive as an overnight bus.
No theoretical if/buts/maybes please, just real answers.

Hi all, just to answer my own question and to close off this thread, I crossed the border by bus this morning.  I handed my passport in to the Agentinian Customs, who stamped me out, but then in a change of tradition, they did not hand it back so I could take it to the Paraguayan window.  It, along with the documents from everyone on the bus were passed directly to Paraguayan Customs, while we waited on the bus. 10 minutes later the passport reappeared with the driver and I had an entrance stamp to Paraguay.  So the answer is yes, you can enter Paraguay with an expired 90 day permanent entry visa.  They just checked everything on the computer.  I also have been granted permanent admission,and that was probably on the computer too.  No need to have the physical Permanent Admission card with you, just the passport associated with it.  All is well.

Well then, Welcome back!

And thank you for the information!

I thought I would add a bit more info even tough it is slightly off track.  I am now in possession of a Paraguayan Cedula and I slipped over the border to Salta for a couple of weeks. When I returned via bus I crossed back into Paraguay at Clorinda. Normally everyone on the bus presents their documents at customs and those with Mercosur IDs have their bits of paper stamped and returned to them while the IDs are retained as well as passports of those using them. Then everyone climbs back on the bus and waits, and after some minutes IDs and passports are returned by the bus driver.  A quick check is always hurriedly made to check the stamp in the passport before the bus heads off.
This time I presented both passport and cedula, and they stamped the passport and handed it straight back like a mercosur bit of paper and retained the cedula for processing. So I am now formally in the country by virtue of the cedula. It is truly a powerful document.