Schools and sponsored kids in Seim Reip

For the record I live in Phnom Penh and travel to Seim Reip occasionally.I have lived in Cambodia since 2000.

At the moment I am involved in the sponsorship of about a dozen poor kids at a school in Seim Reip. I don't personally sponsor these kids, my  mother and her friends do this. I do the legwork etc. I personally receive no payments of any kind. Over the last couple of years the price per student has risen at an alarming rate. Two years ago it was $100 per student per year, this year it is $150 and now they are asking near to $300 per year starting from the new school year in September.
As a result it is time to look for a new school.

The school we are looking for should have both English and Khmer classes, we don't need expensive foreign teachers. The location would be best around half way between the river and the airport turn off on Route 6 and on the Angkor Wat side of the road. As with most schools in Cambodia a half day at school is OK.

I won't name the existing school but for the expats of Seim Reip just think of a sunny US state.

If anyone has any suggestions they will be much appreciated. I will be in Seim Reip in about 6 weeks time when I can check new schools out.

Thank you, Swayne.

Hello Swayne.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Hope you'll get some useful informations soon.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Is there any reason the kids can't go to Wat Bo school for half the day then to an English school (if receiving English lessons is a high priority for you)?
I know it's on the wrong side of the river for you,  but for a state run school I've found it to be quite acceptable.
I haven't found a English school worth the money you are talking about.  I know of a few private ones but the quality is pretty low. 
As far as I know,  there is only one quality English school in Siem Reap but is a horrendous $5k/year. I believe it's mainly for expat kids.
New York school is so-so, maybe the best out of a (less than) so-so bunch.   I should have thought you would certainly be able to cut a deal for that many kids.
Best of luck and I would be interested in hearing the outcome.

Hi Swayne
Im an Australian living in Siem Reap and sponsoring a school near
Anchor Wat       We have 60 childern in three classes learning and studying English       If you would like to join me in helping i would be delighted       Our teacher costs  $120 per month
and the classrooms  $1000 per year    Plus i buy books  and pencils etc
Maybe i could co join with your family and help more kids

Michael Kean