Hallo to expats in Boston (I'm a Kenyan-American)

Hi,

Just joined this interesting site. I'm a single man orginally from Kenya. Have lived in America for most of my life. Did second half of high school, college and grad school in America. I very much have an international perspective to life. I'm very interested in the different regions of the world.

Just wanted to say hi. :)

Hello stripedbass.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Aurélie

Hi stripedbass,

I would appreciate to receive advices from you. I plan to live in Boston and I just got my immigrant visa. Could you tell me where to live at the best price?

Thanks

Hello Tripas -> Why don't you start a new thread on the Boston forum with your questions? This will allow better interaction. ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi Aurélie,

Already done in Boston forum.
Thanks for your advice.

Hi,

Sorry for the late response. I just checked this website today after a long time (I've been very busy lately).

That is a big question and an answer would be based on your income and personal tastes.

I would be uncomfortable trying to answer such a question.

I would suggest you call the International Institute of New England (iine.us/) or other organizations that deal with new immigrants. They may be in a much better position to guide you.

Good luck!

Hi,

Thank you for your late reply and your advice.

Best

The other thing I can mention is that in terms of new Kenyans, I know many of them live in Worcester and Lowell because I hear that the rent in these two places is lower than in Boston. Many of them work as home health aides.

In terms of areas near Boston, you may want to try Quincy. I know that there used to be very many Kenyans enrolled in Quincy College.

Which part of Boston do intendto stay ,as for me l reside in Dorchester in boston .but tobe frank with you l don't know anything about rentals.but will try to help you