IT Jobs in Panama City

Hello!

I'm excited for me, my wife and two kids that we finally made the decision to emigrate from Belgium. I'm planning to set up a company in the free zone and earn our living like that. However, to be on the safe side and to meet new developers, I'd love to work. I'm an experienced Java developer with about 15 years experience working for multi-nationals and startups.

When I do a search for Java jobs on encuentra24 or other smaller job sites, the results are very disappointing. Does anybody have an idea how to move ahead (specialized job sites, offers, or guidelines)? I will be checking out the country in September and love to use that time for possible interviews.

Cheers,
Joris

Hi and welcome to the forum Joris!

Have you tried posting an advert in the Panama jobs section?
It might help as well.

Regards
Armand

Hey Joris,

Being an expat and finding a job here in Panama can be a real pain. I know because I'm doing it myself.

Encuentra24 is a good site. I'd also recommend using konzerta.com. That's the main job site here in Panama. With konzerta, you can either search jobs or post your resume and hope someone finds you. It's only in Spanish though, so if you don't speak the language, you might have a problem. You can also check craigslist panama at panama.craigslist.org

Craigslist can be full of scams though so just be careful.

Good luck,

Chris
www.thestayathomegringo.blogspot.com