Oman Employment Visa Labour Clearance Delays

Hi,
I appeared for an interview in OMAN with a renowned organization in May 2010. They sent me the offer letter in a week's time and I accepted the offer. I also completed the Medical Exam and Certificate attestation. I sent my employer the scanned copies of these documents as well as the rest of the required documents required for Labor Clearance.

My joining date is now passed and there seems to be a delay in getting labor clearance. My emoloyer's HR team is very co-operative though and asking me to be patient. They said the delay is due to the recent Phet Cyclone.

Kindly let me know what is the rough timeframe in getting the labor clearance? Also, please suggest any alternatives. Senior members please reply. Thanks in advance.

hi,

Can you tell me which specific tests are done for obtaining the medical certificate for Oman?

Regards,

Hi There,

Here is my advice on your case how the process work along 
Bear in this mind first for clearance nature disasters is not an obstacle at all. Seems to me it is an excuse they are coming up with.

The medical test of yours has to be done in a GCC authorized medical centre and result has to be fit… you have to send the medical report via courier to your company where they take initial stage to process your visa.

Then your employer (administration department)  will start below steps for your employment visa.

1)  They medical report must attest from the ministry of health which will take maximum 3 working days.

2)  Clearance copy which will match to your designation/commercial registration copy/attested medical report and duly filled visa application shall submit to immigration. If documents are satisfactory your visa will be ready within 7 working days.   

3) If truly clearances are not available they can provide you express visa where as you don't have to provide medical this will take 3 working days. Once you reach Oman your company can process your employment visa within 21 days where as your express visa will expire. If there is a will there is a way.

Now you know how to cross check with HR on your situation.

visit this link...
www.rop.gov.om/english/dg_passport_visa_employment.asp

Good luck!

Liyoni

hi liyoni I just want to confirm that while visa being stamped in your passport before that you don't need to go for a 2nd medical test ? Or the test which I did in my country that's enough
Plzz reply soon
Thanks

Hi there,

It's a good question. If you already did the medical back in your home country and you are arriving (within 6 months of visa issuance) at the arrival you can collect your original visa at the visa counter. I've read many new comers are having doubt on photo copy visa. Trust me you don't have to warry about a thing. show your photocopy and collect the original visa and at the arrival point they will stamp your visa on your passport.

The second process of your residence visa starts at the step of visa stamp. Within a month of time your employer will take necessary steps for the residence.
Your medical report you sent is valid for three months. So if the report not expired along with that medical report…with related docs you will have to go to ministry of health…. There they will only take a blood sample and if the test is through… next step will continue.

If the medical is expired you will have to redo the test again in oman where as you can skip going to ministry of health the test of blood.

Hope you got it correct. 

Regards,

Liyoni

Hi again
Thanks for your reply and detail answer, but I'm not getting the second part, lets say im sending my medical clearance from my country n my visa is issued I'm talking about employment visa so as you said within 6 months if I arrive I wil get my visa stamped right. So what's the second step that you mentioned giving blood sample….? Coz I will already have my visa stamped right???

means i have to go for a second test after a month is it...???

Sorry for  the trouble but I will really be thankful to you

ASSALAM-O-ALIKUM
             I'M KHALID FORM PAKISTAN KARACHI I WOULD LIKE TO JOB IN ARAB COUNTRY SO THAT'SWHY I WANT APPLY FOR EMPLOYMENT VISA

Hello @khalid_1981 and welcome to Expat.com. :)

This thread is old. I invite you to start a new thread with all your questions on the Oman forum for more visibility and better interaction.

PS: Please lower your caps lock when writing.

Thank you,
Aurélie

I am an Engineer from India and have been offered a job in Oman.  The company is asking for original documents.  Now please advice whether we have to send our original degree certificate and the medical report by courier to them

p.kumar3 wrote:

I am an Engineer from India and have been offered a job in Oman.  The company is asking for original documents.  Now please advice whether we have to send our original degree certificate and the medical report by courier to them

it is better for u to send to them original documents
otherwise u may lose your offer

p.kumar3 wrote:

Hi p.kumar3,

Never ever send your original educational certificates, or any of your other original documents to any prospective employer.

God forbid, if your papers get misplaced, or much worse lost, you cannot do anything about your loss. And getting duplicates of your original degree certificates is a long and laborious process.

Always send copies only - till you secure your Employment Visa.

In any case, you will have to produce your attested original certificates while registering.

So don't share your original certificates with anyone, unless you're carrying them personally.

Good luck !

Hi liyoni

I found this blog while i'm searching things. I think you are a expert in Oman visa procedures according to your above comment. I came to Oman few weeks a ago for a job. In profession i'm a Junior Quantity Surveyor. I got this job from a construction company. They got employment visa for me. i feel very doubt full about this job. I want go for another job in Oman. But i'm afraid I cant do so. Because my present company doesn't like me to leave. Can you tell me a way to outta this matter . I need all the informations about this matter. If they agree I can pay the fee which they cost form employing me. ( i think i have to pay for Resident card, Medical for communicable diseases & for my employment visa).

Please try to give me information regarding this

hi some one can help me

i got good offer from oman after my interviw my employer told me now your job application we send to ministry for labour clearance but now its almost one month still i didnot receive offer letter from them weekly am contacting employer but as per them should be wait some more days. any one can advice me ? is it any challanges now going on oman?

nn123 wrote:

hi some one can help me

i got good offer from oman after my interviw my employer told me now your job application we send to ministry for labour clearance but now its almost one month still i didnot receive offer letter from them weekly am contacting employer but as per them should be wait some more days. any one can advice me ? is it any challanges now going on oman?

Sometimes it takes even 2 months to get the visa clearance. It also depends upon which position, you've been hired. Now a days, the visa procedures in almost all the GCC countries have gone a bit complicated. In Oman, the major impact is due to the omanization. However, I would suggest you do not put ur resignation to your current employer in your country untill and unless you get the visa in your hand.

yes
its take some time for that
but try to contact HR for get soon ok
its normal

may know u ? if any just sms ok
thanks

I am 65 years old Indian Engineer, I got offer from oman as a QC Engineer / Quality Auditor what is the Age Factor For Employment Visa Stamping.As I am eligible to get visa

Mr. Sumitran,
Your valued comments required. ABove is a very interesting question and i really need to know the answer.

nagarajr123 wrote:

I am 65 years old Indian Engineer, I got offer from oman as a QC Engineer / Quality Auditor what is the Age Factor For Employment Visa Stamping.As I am eligible to get visa

Hello nagarajr123,

60 years is when the red flag is raised for issuing any fresh employment visa or even for extension of the existing employment visa.

However, if the person in question is absolutely required and essential for the company then exemptions can be made. This would be purely on a case-to-case basis.

For instance, in some of the larger organizations most of the senior level employees holding the posts of Directors and such will be usually over 60 years of age. In those cases, the company requests for special provisions and it is invariably granted.

In most other cases, when an employee's visa is sent for renewal for another 2 years, and if the candidate crosses 60 years of age, then the immigration authorities can and may turn down the company's request for renewal of extension of the employment visa.

In your case since you are planning to join afresh and since the company has made you an offer then the company must have made some request especially for you.

Best of luck !

Mr. Sumitran
Thank you very much for your immediate  Valuable Response.
One More Questine that on Business Visa Can I work in Oman

nagarajr123 wrote:

Mr. Sumitran
Thank you very much for your immediate  Valuable Response.
One More Questine that on Business Visa Can I work in Oman

Hello nagarajr123,

Expatriates can work as employees only with a valid employment visa. Nothing else.

It would help you a lot to read through the Omani Labour Laws, which you can download from here :

http://www.manpower.gov.om/en/Law_home.asp

Good luck !

Hi Guys,

I have submitted yesterday all my documents including the medical report of my self and my family to a Major Oil company in Muscat. I have been informed that the ministry of employment has already approved my employment offer for a period of 2 years. Can any one tell me how long it will take for the visa to be available? and my second question is there a chance for my contract of 2 years to be renewed after the completion of the first 2 years as I will be 60 years old and what is the requirement for the renewal?

Thanks

There is only one "Major Oil company in Muscat.", and that is the PDO. I doubt if 'MB Petroleum' and 'Daleel Petroleum' would qualify for that moniker.

Now to your question - if all the required approvals are granted and supporting papers are properly in place, then it takes just about 48-72 hours for an Employment Visa to be issued.

Answer to your second question has already been provided in my response to a very similar query raised by "nagarajr123" - which can be found just a scroll above.

Thanks Sumitran for the clarifications. Yes it is PDO and the process took quite long since the offer which was made available to me in December 2012.So I have submitted all the medical reports with the various medic tests and have been told that the company is going to apply for the visa during this week. Regarding the other question sorry I did not read all the posts and thanks also for the info.

hi this is sam from chennai if so can anybody clear my clarification regarding my visa process for oman.(ie)just i have an offer in an concern called GALFAR before two month,and the document completion has been cleared,now they informed me that they are waiting to get the labour clearance,so how many days it will take for issuing the visa please suggest me.advance thanks to all

hi this is sam from chennai if so can anybody clear my clarification regarding my visa process for oman.(ie)just i have an offer in an concern called GALFAR before two month,and the document completion has been cleared,now they informed me that they are waiting to get the labour clearance,so how many days it will take for issuing the visa please suggest me.advance thanks to all

Hi Friends,

How are you? Hope you are all doing good.
I got selected in one of oman based company Majees Technical Services LLC on march 2013.

The doc process for visa clearance started on April.
But still now i wasn't get my visa, they told me about two months it gets processing u will get soon.

How long to take the visa process get over in oman.
If there is any problem on visa clearance in gulf countries.
Pls help me to clear.

kvasi14[at]yahoo.com

Warm Regards.

K. Vasanth

Sir i have come to your country oman in work in i have to work visa.i m accepect to all type worl in  any work

For all those who is waiting for their EMPLOYMENT VISA, this might help :

9 out of ten times, employment visas get delayed as the company would not be having the required labour clearances for the post applied for.

This is a very common problem faced by all organisations. Also, the immigration authorities keep amending the laws and keep downgrading the positions which can be filled by expatriates. The whole idea is to employ as many locals as possible. It is called 'Omanisation' here.

You can only hope and pray that your employment visa is issued soon. When, is a million dollar question, which no one can answer with certainty.

dear friends...myself from kerala, born in mumbai, passport issued from gujarat, and at present i live with my parents in my native place kerala. this is regarding a employment visa. i had told my sponsor to send me a visa he asked me for a medical. i had send the medical and i received the original employment visa now i have in my hand my original passport, original employment visa, original air ticket for oneway as its a employment visa so we should take only one side ticket i was in oman for more than 2 years and 1 year in qatar now i want to ask i can go to oman or not did i need anything else. some people are telling you need immigration some people are telling its gujarat passport so you cannot go you have to go from gujarat only and some people are telling you need insurance and when i went to a travel agent they are telling everything is fine you don't need anything you can go but this is my second time iam coming back from airport. please suggest me the best. thanks.

RAJU GEORGE wrote:

dear friends...myself from kerala, born in mumbai, passport issued from gujarat, and at present i live with my parents in my native place kerala. this is regarding a employment visa. i had told my sponsor to send me a visa he asked me for a medical. i had send the medical and i received the original employment visa now i have in my hand my original passport, original employment visa, original air ticket for oneway as its a employment visa so we should take only one side ticket i was in oman for more than 2 years and 1 year in qatar now i want to ask i can go to oman or not did i need anything else. some people are telling you need immigration some people are telling its gujarat passport so you cannot go you have to go from gujarat only and some people are telling you need insurance and when i went to a travel agent they are telling everything is fine you don't need anything you can go but this is my second time iam coming back from airport. please suggest me the best. thanks.

Hi RAJU GEORGE,

Your post surprises me, as you have travelled abroad already.

Your queries are daft.

And, you should know better than this. You have all you need.

Your passport is Indian passport. So just board the flight. From any airport in India. As long as your ticket is from that destination.

I don't understand your dilemma.

thanks for the reply.

Dear Mr. Sumitran/Expat Forum members,
Hi to all.
I have this job offer from a private medical centre in muscat,submitted my  attested documents on the 17th and the employer has forwarded it to the MOH on the 23rd of June,still waiting for a response after submission.
I dont know how long to wait as I have been trying for a gulf job since November and its already July now and in the meantime joined a temporary job and have also left it few days ago to prepare for the upcoming exams hoping for a prospective August date.
As I had also pursued an offer in Buraimi few months ago and they were near finalizing things but then I chose to also give it a try in Muscat.
As of now I have thought to wait till the 14th July(ie nearly a month) for Muscat and then pursue the Buraimi offer if there is no response from the employer in Muscat...am I going the right way?.
Kindly guide any suggestion from your side  or anybody in the forum would be of great help.
Have a nice day people!

Hi...Friendz..

I got a job an automobile firm in oman.IN March 13..i have sent all my attested certificate copy my medicals in April itself..But till now my visa is not get ready..when ever i am trying to contact the HR they replied they didnt get labour clearence from ministry and need to wait..Now its almost completed 3 months after starting processing of my visa...some one pl advice when will get the clearnce and how long i need to wait....please help some one....i am from kerala

Normally how many days it will take for issuing visa? i am waiting around two months

Hi Sumitran,
   My husband got an offer in PDO. He got the visa also, he joined in the company in may and we joined him in June and went through the medical and came to know that I am hepatitis b but the doctor told that I am a healthy carrier and he given a letter addressing to ministry of health that I am a healthy carrier with very low viral load and no need of any medication. We are under visit visa at present and my husband company pro told that there was a new rule that family should exit before applying for residence visa is it true? Can I get visa with this doctor letter? We went to Indian school in Muscat and they denied the admission saying that they cant give admission to any student on visit visa, is it true?

Hi roshsabi,

Hope you doing good. This information is totally false and you do not need to exit Oman for the residence visa. I have recently converted my spouse visa as she first came on visit visa. There is no such rule its company PRO who do not know. I have checked with my PRO for my parents as well and he didn't mentioned that at all.

roshsabi wrote:

Hi Sumitran,
   My husband got an offer in PDO. He got the visa also, he joined in the company in may and we joined him in June and went through the medical and came to know that I am hepatitis b but the doctor told that I am a healthy carrier and he given a letter addressing to ministry of health that I am a healthy carrier with very low viral load and no need of any medication. We are under visit visa at present and my husband company pro told that there was a new rule that family should exit before applying for residence visa is it true? Can I get visa with this doctor letter? We went to Indian school in Muscat and they denied the admission saying that they cant give admission to any student on visit visa, is it true?

Hello roshsabi,

Company policies vastly vary between organisations. Family joining visas are not given mandatorily for all employees. It is solely given at the discretion of the organisation, the employees standing in the organisation, et al. And usually what is officially communicated would hold good – irrespective of what others say or do. More so with an organisation like the PDO – this is after all a government body.

To the best of my knowledge there is no need to exit the country to apply for a family joining visa. But I do not know what the latest changes and amendments to the rules are. They do keep adjusting the rules on an almost ongoing basis, much to the chagrin of the new expatriates. Check here http://www.rop.gov.om/english/dg_pr_vis … oining.asp to see what is being said officially by the concerned authorities.

Regarding School admissions, yes, what was told to you is absolutely correct. Unless your child / children are duly registered residents of the Sultanate, they will not get admissions in any local schools.

Good luck.

I am working in dubai and applied for job in oman in zhigy bay (musandam)got offer letter since 4 month back but still waiting for my viza. Could you please advice me about my viza

Many thanks in advance

hi,
  i got my visa copy yesterday..  they told that they will issue original visa and airticket later.. Also they told i have to start by september 1st itself.. visa copy is enough to travel or not?

Hello. I would like to know how long does it take to process my employment visa and what are the procedures.  I am recently offered a teaching job at buraimi through direct hiring, and I already submitted last august 15 all the my documents authenticated by the dfa and the oman embassy from my home country.  I started the application procedure last july 15. thanking you all in advance.