Dental care in Quito

I expect I am going to need some dental work done in the near future and I am wondering if I should get it done in Canada (where I have no health insurance to cover it) or wait to do it in Ecuador.

specifically: I think I need 2 wisdom teeth out and some fillings, and I don't want the mercury ones.

Do you know what they charge in Ecuador for these services (approximately) and whether they use only the metal mercury-containing fillings?

Or - do you know where I could find out?

Thanks!

When my husband (an ecuadorian) and I were there a couple of years ago he had a LOT of dental work done and it was way cheaper than it would have been in California. He did not have to be put under like you will be....  I'm not sure how much that would cost.  Though, my brother-in-law went to Ecuador for a major procedure where he had a fake tooth attached to his jaw bone. I know they did that to save money.

In the States everything a dentist could touch is wrapped in plastic and then the plastic is changed between patients. This dentist did not do that. Nothing was wrapped in plastic. I might be a grossophobe, but that was gross. Before I use a dentist in Ecuador I'll thoroughly vet the hygiene practices.

Side note: An emergency room trip to the hospital La Voz which included x-rays and pain killers cost $12 without insurance.

Can you recommend a specific dentist in Quito?
Thank you.

I will send you a PM with contact information for an excellent Quito dentist.

Great! Thank you so much!

Do you also have any recommendation for a good orthodontist in Quito?

I have used a dentist here in Quito over the past 6 years that I would highly recommend for any complicated work. It is Dental Smiles. Google - Dental Smiles Quito for more info. Dr. Santiago Silva. I had my 4 front teeth capped by him and recently implants to replace molars. He is very detailed and not cheap by Ecuadorian standards, but way way cheaper than getting it done in the north or Europe. He doesn't use mercury fillings any more - does anybody??? I had all mine removed by him and replaced with modern amalgam. He speake English too.
Good luck!