South African looking to meet fellow expats or other Nationalities

Hi,

I am originally from KZN in South Africa and have been living in Glasgow for 8 1/2 years now. I am 28 and have a wee 15 month old daughter.

I am looking to meet other South Africans living in the general Glasgow area for a chat and banter etc. We can start with a coffee or a drink in a pub kind of thing just to have general chat about life here, South Africa etc.

I have not met many other South Africans here in Glasgow which is surprising having lived here for over 8 years. The most I have ever seen is in Walkabout watching the bokke play in the summer international rugby season. If I could meet a few etc it could evolve into like a wee expat group eventually meeting up from time to time etc.

Even any other nationals new to Glasgow would be great to get a view, experience and opinion of living here and srtuff like that. Could be interesting.

Cheers for now and any replies or responses are welcome.

Jay

Hi Jay,

Welcome to expat-blog!

I suggest you to go through the Glasgow expat network, where you may find South African in Glasgow. Hope this might be helpful.

Best wishes,

David.

There's a South African deli/cafe that just opened in the west end, on great western road. You should ask them. It is called Veldt, they have a FB page.