Transfer from Dependent to Work Visa

Hi there,

I am a resident of Riyadh for many years having been born & brought up here.

I have completed my engg. and now have a job offer from a company here and wish to transfer my sponsorship.

Do you know how long does this take and how much it would cost to get this done?

its take longtime depends on the process and your sponsor.

Could you please specify an approximate range as I have to travel abroad within a month and I have to get this transfer done before that.

@ hedonist123 Can you see in Expat.com top right hand side there is one search column, type ( iqama transfer) and hit go, you will see lots of same quires repeated Many times

Thanks Wilson. Would you know if an exam has to be written in order to be transferred as an engineer? I see something about the Saudi Council Of Engineers.

Its up to you, you can search the same content Saudi Council Engineers, you will see lots of query related to your question

Hi Guys,

Looked through the forum entirely. If someone could please reply, it would be very helpful.

I am right now holding a student visa which I wish to transfer as an Engineer to my father's company.

My Engineering degree certificate has already been attested in India.

What I wanted to know is the process.

1. Do I have to get myself registered with the SCE, first before the transfer? Is this possible with my student iqama?

2. Is there an exam to be cleared?

3. How long does the SCE generally take to issue me the letter required for the passport office? I wish to do this in Riyadh.

I know these are a lot of queries, but I was unable to find the answers on the forum, I would greatly appreciate if you would reply.

hi there,
I just arrive in the kingdom through a dependent visa. Im a nurse by profession. How can i possibly work here in Jedda. Can my visa be changed to working visa so I can legally work here in jedda.

pearl of the orient wrote:

hi there,
I just arrive in the kingdom through a dependent visa. Im a nurse by profession. How can i possibly work here in Jedda. Can my visa be changed to working visa so I can legally work here in jedda.

Negative unfortunately.
Dependents are not allowed to work. Nor it can be changed to a work visa.

But you can hunt for jobs while staying here, secure a job with a visa; and take a trip home to get it stamped.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am a commerce graduate and currently working in a private company in Riyadh,  holding a dependent visa. I would like to know if there is a chance for me to transfer  to a working visa. I am aware of what is happinings  right now here in Saudi, but I want a firm explanation why i can't or I can. What would should I do to have a working visa in Saudi Arabia.

Thank you and looking forward for your certain reply.

these days it's allowed. I just did it.
your current kafeel should give you NOC and the new employer should do the paperwork

Thank you for your kind information. I just have known it today in the office also that I can be transfered. So tomorrow I will be submitting my papers and hopefully I will get my working visa before July 3. Thank you so much!

How can you say that dependent visa holders are not allow to transfer to Work Visa?

I have seen a detailed post on the same blog, explaining the process of transferring from dependent visa to work visa.

please see:  https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=136432

That's for boys who have grown up 18+ years and so can't stay on their fathers' iqamas. Not applicable in any other case.

of-course no one will wish to be employed before 18.
I'm 23 year old and currently on Dependent iqaama, I have completed my Engineering Degree, Please guide me can I transfer to a company?