Volunteers in Mubai.. PLEASEE HELP!

Hello!
I have one week search a ONG i want to be a volunteer, but all said "we need a local people" somebode know one ONG acept expat?
Thaks..
HAve a nice day.
kisses.

Do not hesitate to post an advert in the section Jobs in Bombay  Chio Cuenca!;)

Harmonie.

Dear Chio Cuenca,
There are many NGOs who would accept you as a volunteer but probably do not think that 1 week is sufficient for contributing anything substantial.
Also the cause is important.You need to decide whether you want to work for an NGO which works with children or should it be Women.
Similarly you need to decide about Education or creating employment opportunities.

I presume that you speak Spanish and therefor suggest Mumbai Smiles(Mr. Narendra Dundu who is the director and Ms.Hetal who also speaks Spanish).They are working in the area of education amongst other things.The office is in Marol,Andheri.

In case you need any assistance in Mumbai,you may PM me.

Best wishes,
Art

ong ?

I had talked to mumbai smiles but they said they want local volunteers. No foreign

Dear Chio Cuenca,
As explained in the previous post: Also the cause is important.You need to decide whether you want to work for an NGO which works with children or should it be Women.
Similarly you need to decide about Education or creating employment opportunities.
I will add to that : Would you like to volunteer for the cause of Aborigines (you will need to go 70-80 Km.outside Mumbai)or specifically for promotion of aborigine art in Mumbai city.
You can work with barefoot accupuncturists who offer medication to poor and also the rich(to cross subsidise the poor)They are in Bandra.So it will depend on what you want to do and what is suitable  in terms of your location.
So do let me know as to which type of NGO and the area preference
Best wishes,
Art

Hello Chio Cuenca,
                  I know a few organizations where you might be able to volunteer if you are still interested in doing volunteer work kindly contact me.

Prasad123 I'm interested could you send me the names of NGOs? for investigarlasy I contact them directly. I really appreciate it

Dear Chio Cuenca,
Two aborigine(by the name Warli who reside mainly in villages in Thane District)artistes are coming to Mumbai tomorrow and will be in Chembur(eastern suburbs)from 10a.m. to 5 p.m.for promotion of the art through their bachat gat(a self - help group).If you are interested you may join.
Best wishes,
Art

HERE IS A LIST OF ALL THE NGO'S in mumbai

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NGOs_in_Mumbaihttp://mumbainews.wordpress.com/2006/08 … in-mumbai/

you can contact them directly.

all the best

[Moderated]

prasad sound real desperate to meet ?

this is not a dating site.

My only intention is to share information which I have already posted
I agree this is not a dating site

Dear all
I guess it can at least be meeting (smiley) site with more than 2 people meeting with a agenda or cause.That is a way by which we will have a robust site  provided people continue to post even after the meetings for the benefit of fellow bloggers
Best wishes,
Art

msg me if any more jobs open up