Transfer of Iqama while having dependants

Hi all,

I  have many questions and would appreciate it if someone can answer them correctly.

1. Currently, I am an American working in KSA and finishing my contract this month. I have an Iqama and it says English Teacher.  My baby who came with me initially also has an iqama. Btw, I was hired through a recruiting agency to work for a university. Now, I have been offered a  better package directly by the university. My husband and 2 other kids are  here as well and are on a family visit visa. I want this new offer. If I take this new offer, do I have to back to USA and redo the whole process?

2. I want my whole family to have an iqama this time. Do they have to go back to usa? Must we be separated again like the first time?

3. I was told that for private companies, the process is as such but if the company is public(I think universities are public?), then it is different, meaning that i can bring my family- all at one shot when we all go back to america and do the whole process again. We wouldn't have to be seperated again. Please comment on this please.

It all depends on the poossibility of your sponsorship transfer.

If your iqama is transferred to the new employer, the iqama holding baby will get a new card printed just like yours. The family members on visit visa will keep living till the visit visa expiry and then they'll have to go back. If your new contract says that you have a family status, you'll get the family visa for husband and 2 kids. As conversions aren't possible; they'll have to take a roundtrip home. The only action item here at the moment: make sure your new contract declares family status for you.

If your new employer provides a new visa rather than a sponsorship transfer, you'll have to do everything from scratch.

:one couldn't have put it better, way to go TLL

Thank you so much Legendleads. Very helpful.