Gita Bayu and Dengue. Asking for information

We are thinking of moving to Gita Bayu and we would like to know if anyone knows if it is an area with hight risk of dengue.

We love the place but we just really worry about dengue as we hear there are a lot of mosquitos in the area.

Thank you,
Frank

Hi Frank,

I have heard of a few outbreaks in Gita Bayu. One family has apparently all caught dengue individually. Others say its not a problem.

I think in the past nine months through word of mouth I have heard of approx 8 cases of Dengue.

It may or may not be accurate as I said this is just word on the grapevine.

Hi thanks for your response. where these 8 outbreaks all in gita bayu?

Frank

Dengue loves  cities especially kl. No prevention except don't get bitten. Only 1% of cases are serious. I know one person who nearly died they even had the Inman ready

I live at Gita Bayu,and have done since last year. I aren't aware of any outbreaks of dengue and certainly not 8/9 and yes whilst there are mossies about then you just need to use repellant if necessary.

A lot of the time any outbreaks of dengue are actually caused by people bringing the infection from elsewhere, like if they've been on holiday etc.

Just my view and I wouldn't be put off moving here, I personally think it's a lovely place to live, great facilities and good for kids.

Yes dengue is everywhere as this is Malaysia. Can you make it a habit to use insect repellent when outside the house for everyone even the maid. Could you also use mosquito net for windows and doors..its alright as it gives the whole place a nice look  ie somewhere in the tropics...

Sorry for the late reply Frank. I heard this from a Mum at AISM. She said it was all in Gita Bayu but she also would t be surprised if it came from the school.  It's hard to know. Gita Bayu is very close knit so I would listen to the people that actually live there.

Hi, we live in Gita Bayu and have done so in the last 8 months, and have not heard of any cases. I have a 4 yr old so dengue is a big concern for me too.... There are lots of Mosquitos around but we use repellent, coils and electric tablets. Also keep the windows and doors closed after 5. These are the general precautions, the management does fumigate the houses twice a month to keep it under control.