Gyms in Saigon

Hi

does anyone know any good (reasonably priced) gyms in Ho CHi Minh?

I'm living in Binh Thanh on the edge of district 3.

Thanks in advance!

Hi, I am in Than Binh district, gym here is only 180,000 vnd per monht. Hope this helps..

Hi

I'm looking for a good and reasonably priced gym near my hotel and office. My office is near Ng Trai, District 1 and hotel Ng Thi Minh Khai, District 1.

Thank you!

It is tough to find a reasonably priced gym in District 1.  When I was looking I toured the gym on top of the Diamond Plaza and they were wanting over $100 per month for a six month membership.  Too much for me, so after shopping around I ended up joining one in Binh Thanh District. 

Next time you are at a restaurant or bar pick up a copy of The Word magazine.  In the back there is a listing of a dozen or so gyms in HCM City.

There is one good gyms in Binh Thanh district for u.
address: Gym Cheetah, Dat Phuong Nam Building, Chu Van an Street, Binh Thanh district.
price around 500,000VND/month. i saw some forgeiner do exercise in there....
Hope it help.

There's one on the canal, in Phu Nhuan, right near Binh Thanh and Dist. 3:

Rach Mieu Fitness Club (Clb Thé Duc & Thé Hinh Rach Mieu)
So 1 Hoa Phuong, P.2, Q. Phu Nhuan

VND 400,000 per month
all the standard free weights and machines
a mix of locals and foreigners
free lockers with keys
trainers on hand to provide advice
tea, eggs and bottled water for sale
the complex has other facilities too, including a pool and aerobics

That is interest, at the top of Diamond Plaza, can I know the exact address/street of Diamond Plaza?  I have been here for 2 weeks, need to get more heart beat pumping :).

Appreciate your help.  Thanks.

ATLOffroad wrote:

It is tough to find a reasonably priced gym in District 1.  When I was looking I toured the gym on top of the Diamond Plaza and they were wanting over $100 per month for a six month membership.  Too much for me, so after shopping around I ended up joining one in Binh Thanh District. 

Next time you are at a restaurant or bar pick up a copy of The Word magazine.  In the back there is a listing of a dozen or so gyms in HCM City.

Diamond Plaza 34 Le Duan Street, District 1 , Ho Chi Minh City - Vietnam. Tel: ( 84.8) 38257750. Fax: (84.8) 38228562. e-mail to: [email protected]

Good luck!

Thank you, Thorny :-)

Star Fitness at Manor

I've just got a coupon to go to the Gym in H3 building, District 4 with amazing price (VND250,000/ 2 months) Are there any one work out there too?

Does the Rach Mieu Fitness Club have air conditioning?  Some I've seen from the streets have no ac and I also went to Fitness 24 in Phu My Hung and the price is 2,000,000.  I only pay 30 dollars for my membership in Canada so I'm looking for something around the same price or less and the facility must have ac

Getfit in H3 district 4 is good, how can u get 250,000vnd/2 month, Summerdays? i go there but its about 8mil/a year :(

I got a coupon, sometime they sell voucher on Nhommua, 8mil/ year is a good price, I worked out there for a year then move to D2 so I have to change to another place. I like Get Fit very much :-)

summerdays wrote:

I got a coupon, sometime they sell voucher on Nhommua, 8mil/ year is a good price, I worked out there for a year then move to D2 so I have to change to another place. I like Get Fit very much :-)

I'm also in District 2. Where do u go there? Stopped by dang dep bodyshape studio earlier and I think it's way overpriced.

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

Pham Van Mach bodybuilder's gym: 1 Huyen Tran Cong Chua st, D1, HCMC. Very nice gym with good services here,about 500.000vnd/month (25$/month). Enjoy your time :)

thunguyen wrote:

Pham Van Mach bodybuilder's gym: 1 Huyen Tran Cong Chua st, D1, HCMC. Very nice gym with good services here,about 500.000vnd/month (25$/month). Enjoy your time :)

Does Mach's gym have a proper squat rack and multiple barbell benches? I go to California Fitness near Ben Thanh Market and they have only one Smith Squat and one barbell bench (and a bunch of machines/dumbells)

sunny_day wrote:

There is one good gyms in Binh Thanh district for u.
address: Gym Cheetah, Dat Phuong Nam Building, Chu Van an Street, Binh Thanh district.
price around 500,000VND/month. i saw some forgeiner do exercise in there....
Hope it help.

i think i had been there, it's a good gym :)

one is in VŨ HUY TUẤN street. i am doing there. near supermarket  COOPMART - đinh tiên hoàng street

I'm on Xo Viet Nghe Tinh in Binh Thanh District. Where can I find a reasonably priced gym with a squat rack or power rack (not smith machine)? The gyms I've seen here are either poorly equipped or ludicrously expensive (>$100/month on a 6-month contract).

I've heard that the gym at The Manor in District 2 has full squat racks. The manager, I think his name is Stephen, is an expat who was previously a body builder.

I think this is it: starfitnesssaigon.com/EN/default.aspx

Can anyone confirm? I'm also interested in finding a squat rack as well, preferably in District 1.

Nuton wrote:

I've heard that the gym at The Manor in District 2 has full squat racks. The manager, I think his name is Stephen, is an expat who was previously a body builder.

I think this is it: starfitnesssaigon.com/EN/default.aspx

Can anyone confirm? I'm also interested in finding a squat rack as well, preferably in District 1.

I've heard this as well, but it's over $100/month.

I need to get back in shape myself. Does anyone know any good gym with reasonable price close by District 11 ? Appreciate greatly !

Tom

I see many comments about the expensive membership fees..
Don't forget to bargain before you sign any contract!
I got offered 60% off the initial price they were asking me at a gym in D1. I will not mention the gym as it would not be fair to them.. just don't stop at the initial price they are asking you!

i gym every afternoon at Airport gym 39 Truong Son, At TB district
airport gym membership 3.7m / years which is about 310k/month
free clean tower, steam and sauna : ) brand new and good quality equipment

You can go to "Rach Mieu Fitness Club" so 1 Hoa Phuong, P.2, Q. Phu Nhuan :)

How much did u pay for get fit? I am looking for group cycling classes to go only

Hi Simon1978,

Since you posted on an old thread,  you may not have much replies to your questions.

Regarding the cycling classes you are looking for, I invite you to post an advert in the section sports classes in Ho Chi Minh City which might be helpful.

Thank you,

Hasnaa
Expat.com Team

There is one good gyms in An Phú, district 2 for you.
address: Jagana Fitness & Yoga, Imperia Building, An Phu Ward, District 2
price around 1,000,000VND/month. i saw some foreigner do exercise in there....and they always have monthly promotion.
Free steambath and sauna -  brand new and good quality equipment.
Hope it help.

Hi thuylinh-nguyen,

Thank you for the sharing of information except please note that this topic here is dated 2010 :)

You can start a new topic on the Ho Chi Minh City Forum and post useful information or your questions if you do have any hoping you find the guidance you were looking for :)

Thank you

Maximilien

Mach's Gym, Huyen Tran Cong Chua, D1.

Man I hate smith machines...