Looking to be a language assistant at a local school

Hi - My name is Daniel Gershfield and I am a second year student at the University of Bristol in England. I study French and Spanish and as part of my degree I am spending next year in French and Spanish speaking countries. I would love to work as a language teacher / sports coach at a school in French Polynesia but have found it hard to get in contact with the right people. If anyone could point in the right direction I would be hugely appreciative! (any headmaster's email address etc)
I have extensive experience working with children both academically and non-academically, having tutored French, Maths, Geography and English to two boys for three years, as well as coaching rugby, football and cricket at two schools.
Most people on my course are choosing to go to France, but as someone who thrives on new experiences and is fascinated by different cultures, the decision to choose the South Pacific as a destination was a no brainer.
Please let me know if you can help!
Thanks and Best Wishes,
Dan Gershfield

Hello Dan Gershfield.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

In meantime, you could post an advert in the Jobs in French Polynesia section. It can be useful.

Good luck in your research,
Aurélie

thanks, will do!

Don't know about Polynesia yet but have you thought of that in a DOM such as Guadeloupe,Martinique and Reunion? I live in Reunion and I met a couple of British assistants.

Hi,
I am an American expat living in Papeari, Tahiti. There are not many people in Tahiti that read this blog (online is expensive!!!). If you are interested in teaching, you may want to try contacting the government official in charge of all education: M. LEBOUCHER, Michel at phone number 689.47.83.83  He is French and may be able to point you in the right direction.  Keep in mind that if there are any jobs open, they will be offered to Tahitians first.
Steve (Manarii Tane)