Spend a month in indonesia

i would like to spend a month in banyumas , how much should i bufget my trip knowing i want an average cost not a hight one .

thank you

and one more thing , im chistian and would like to marry and muslim indonesian girl , what are the conditions and the procedures pls

thanks again

hello Fadox and welcome to the forum

its depends on you and your style of life on your holidays...
and depends on where you are gonna stay, you can find hotels charge 10$US per night and some charge 100$US an up..

about getting married, i wish you the best, but in Muslim's law, you cannot get married with a Muslim girl if u r not Muslim, and in the ceremony the Imam will ask your religion and must be Muslim, unless you get married in the church, and its depends on your girl

good luck

Nadji

Fadox, do you already have a Muslim girl in mind...or are you stating a sort of prerequisite?

Regardless of your answer, Nadji's response is correct if your plans are to stay here in Indonesia with your new bride. 

Conversions of religions by one or the other spouse are pretty common here and this applies equally to both foreign/Indonesian bonds of marriage as well as Indonesian/Indonesian.

Fadox, Banyumas is a place in Central Java with very very affordable lifestyle. Hotels there is ranging from 10- 40 US$, five star hotels are rare.  Food is super cheap. It will be hard for you to find taxis there except in the bigger cities like Purwokerto. So I suggest you rent a car when you need them, but if you have no problem taking buses, motorbike taxis or pedicab,then you will save a lot of money.

Now, I assume that your bride to be is from there? And you will marry there aswell? You need to convert to muslim since she is one. To convert to a muslim is not difficult, they will take you to a mosque, you will have to say a short prayer (in arabian, stating that you change into muslim) and you will get a certificate. After that you can marry the girl.

Though I would like to ask you a question if you dont mind, have you met this girl? If you havent, wouldnt it be wise for you to get to know her first and not rush into marriage?
Anyways, congratulations on getting married. I hope that you will take care of her and love her sincerely :-)

Indeed Annie, I have several good "bule" friends who took that "short course" in conversion to Islam.  ;)

I personally did something similar, although in my case it was to Hindu Bali Agama.

In reality, and at that time, I would have probably converted to most anything…whatever, as this religious aspect didn't matter a flip to me.  But, over time and once getting to understand the essence of this way of life, it was the best thing I've ever done in my life.

Once I got my official paper work from the board of religion office in Gianyar, I sent a scan of it to my dad back in the US for a joke.  He flew B-17 bombers over Nazi Germany during WWII, and he went nuts over that huge 3 inch diameter swastika stamped right over my photo! 

I have several very close bule friends who did the same (conversion) in order to marry a Muslim girl, and they feel the very same way.  However, it's most unfortunate that when Islam comes into play, the fear factor really kicks in.