Best Telecoms Packages

Hi everyone,

I am god willingly moving to riyadh end of this month, i get my passport inshallah this coming friday with the visa in it.

I just have a couple of questions i need answering so i am good to go when i land please.

1) best samsung s4 glaxay mobile contract and company to go with? needs to international minutes to call home to UK and UAE.

2) Best TV and Home Phone package, i think user alliecat mentioned SCO or something with aljazeera sports.

3). Best unlimited internet package and provider?

Thanks Guys

we have three telecom companies STC, Mobily, and zain (arranged from oldest to newest)

I have the info on talk, text, and web packages from mobily and zain.

mobily (wajid extra)                                     zain (Elite
400 SAR month                                            450 SAR a month
3000 min in network                                    unlimited talk in network
1000 min out of net                                     1000 min to out of net
3000 SMS in net                                           unlimited text to in and out of network
1000 SMS out of net                                     unlimited Data
unlimited web (1 gig a day at full speed same as all carriers)
brochure says (best international rates)

Hi thank you for your response, i heard zains customer service was not great and mobily have been their since day one allthought the zain package is much better do u have to buy the cell phone sperately and then the sim contract seperately like here in the UK u get a contract phone with a contract sim i.e you pay like 400 sars per month for 600mins unlimited data and text and pay £80 for a blackberry 9900 handset is there nothing like that in ksa??? so if i wanted a samsung s4 on zain elite how much would i be look at ?

well only zain talked to me about this, and from what I understood. You would get a contract with them first then you would buy a cellphone from them for market price, and with the elite package they will return the full cost of the phone to you in the form of discounted monthly bill over some time.

Mobily has a similar thing, but because they didn't tell me about it I won't talk about it

choudhers wrote:

Hi thank you for your response, i heard zains customer service was not great and mobily have been their since day one allthought the zain package is much better do u have to buy the cell phone sperately and then the sim contract seperately like here in the UK u get a contract phone with a contract sim i.e you pay like 400 sars per month for 600mins unlimited data and text and pay £80 for a blackberry 9900 handset is there nothing like that in ksa??? so if i wanted a samsung s4 on zain elite how much would i be look at ?

Mate you dont get contracts here.
You should get your phone unlocked and bring it over.

Please leave the concept of customer services back home. These people have no idea about it. I get stared at when I thank the cashier after the transaction. Yes!!

STC does pretty good deal with the broadband and mobile package. But it is nowhere close to Virgin Media's broadband. You wont be able to have a line for yourself until you get the local ID.

Moving on, cable here is very Arabic. Like reealllly Arabic. Don't expect SKY TV quality/material here.

I dont want to put you off from moving here, but you should know what to expect.

All the best.

Thanks for the info dude, but how much would it cost me for the handset samsung s4 if i was take out the zain elite package?

p.s on their website is says the samsung s4 is free with zain elite package?

choudhers wrote:

p.s on their website is says the samsung s4 is free with zain elite package?

If it says it is free, it should be free.
Zain is not recomended. They tend to go the way "Three" used to be like when it came out first.

Comparitively Zain has coverage issues.

Hi Guys,

thank you so much for clearing all of this i just have one question left what are the requirements for taking out a contract (post paid) here in Riyadh...i have gone to all the telecoms didn't doesn't tell you i have read forms from other people on this issue apparently you need the following can some please advise.

1. Your Iqama ID: without this you can not get a contract.
2. A letter from your employer, stating salary and job role.
3. 3 months pay slips ? so technically can't get one till after 3 months time.

thanks

choudhers wrote:

Hi Guys,

thank you so much for clearing all of this i just have one question left what are the requirements for taking out a contract (post paid) here in Riyadh...i have gone to all the telecoms didn't doesn't tell you i have read forms from other people on this issue apparently you need the following can some please advise.

1. Your Iqama ID: without this you can not get a contract.
2. A letter from your employer, stating salary and job role.
3. 3 months pay slips ? so technically can't get one till after 3 months time.

thanks

You just need to have your ID card on you.
Nothing else.