Need advise , planning a long term stay - Sanur (new to forum)

Hi all,

I have been going to Bali since 70's.We spend at least 4 -6 weeks a year in Sanur. I have decided to have a break from life and stay in Sanur for 3-6 months to test the water....to make a permanent move.

1. Any ideas of long term rentals with kitchen facilities.- it will be for 1 person at this stage?

2. I work online and need great wifi and also will need advise on how to divert my 1300 number from Australia to Bali? best option.

3. Should I take my PC with me or just work on laptop?

4. What do I do about visa, heath insurance any other other things I need to stay for this period of time.

5. Any other advise or recommendations will be greatly appreciated.....:cool:

Coming to Bali as often as you have and for as many years as these trips span, that surely puts you in a great position to already “know the ropes.”

For travel insurance…World Nomads is most popular for Australians staying here for 3 to 6 months. 

3 to 6 months is still considered a short term rental, but no matter, as there are plenty of places in Sanur to rent for that duration.  Google, real estate agents in Sanur, The Bali Advertiser, or just posting your needs on various expat forums will bring on lots of choices.  Personally, if I were you I'd wait until you are here, boots on the ground, and see for yourself before making any commitment.  Funny how those photos can be sooo enticing until you actually see the place for yourself.  Moreover, bargaining in person, fists full of IDR (or Ozzie dollars) goes a long way here.   

Leave your PC home and just bring your laptop.  If there isn't free wi-fi where you rent your temporary home, have no worries as most bars, restaurants etc. in Sanur have free wi-fi these days.  Heck, you can be on the beach at Sanur and access wi-fi.

For your visa, you really have only one logical choice and that is to apply for a 60 day in advance visit visa at any of the numerous Indonesian consulates, and of course, the embassy in OZ.  You can renew that visa here, in Bali, without leaving the country for up to 4 times, each time being good for 30 days…ergo, total stay on Bali…180 days…and your day of arrival counts as day one.  Any other visa option will require you to fly out of Indonesia.

Good luck and have a great time in Sanur!

Hi daisy3, feel free to contact me at ignmmulia[at]gmail.com, I can help you to find the best place in Sanur

Hello Sanur -> Why don't you share some infos directly on the forum? This could be beneficial to other members as well. ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie