Con Dao Island, the best Vietnamese Island ?

Dear all,

What do you think about Con Dao Island ?
Have you ever been there, I found those information on the web:

lonelyplanet.com/vietnam/around-ho-chi-minh-city/con-dao-islands
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Con_Dao
condaopark.com.vn/?vnTRUST=mod:gallery

Who is interested to visit this Island in September 2013 with me. It may be fun to go with a group of 10 other expats, what do you think ?

Looking forward for your comments,
Best regards and have a nice day!

Alex from Hanoi city:
Email: [email protected]
Tel: 0912214890

Hi,

I recommend you Co To Island instead of Con Dao Island :)

I think Co To island is the best island I've ever seen in Viet Nam. This link may help you:youtube.com/watch?v=J9sbELD3NcQ

Enjoy your trip Alex! :)

Regards,
Linh

Yes, its the best island in Vietnam. I gone there in 2010. I always hope have a chance to come back here again.

Dear funnybear92,

I already came to Co To Island, and I think it is a great Island too, but in my opinion, it is not the best in Vietnam...

I there someone else who knows Co To and Con Dao Island to compare our opinions ?

Best regards and have a nice day,
Alex

Hi Alex,

Maybe there is a misunderstanding between us. I said that the best island I've ever seen in Viet Nam. I didn't mean that island is the best over here :)

funnybear92 wrote:

Hi Alex,

Maybe there is a misunderstanding between us. I said that the best island I've ever seen in Viet Nam. I didn't mean that island is the best over here :)

Yes a little misunderstanding, no problem...I thought you were speaking of Co To as The best Island in Vietnam.

how's Phu Quoc compared to the 2 Islands mentioned above? Was thinking of going there.

khanh44 wrote:

how's Phu Quoc compared to the 2 Islands mentioned above? Was thinking of going there.

Dear khanh44,

In my opinion, Phu Quoc is too developed, I mean it is not a virgen Island anymore at all. But I had good time there 4 years ago. Now the mass tourism arrived for the good and the bad of this place.

Phu Quoc is the most famous Island in Vietnam and they have the huge production of "nước mắm Phú Quốc".

Con Dao Island looks to me like the most virgin and preserved Island for now (but for how long?), however they have great protection programs such as WWF working to protect this Vietnamese jewel.

Dear Alex,

Thanks for the advice. I like my tourism spots quiet. I think I'll take your advice and have my honeymoon on Con Dao Island with my parents and her parents.

I've visited and lived in Con Dao for months at a time since 2005. You will find some writing of my experiences there on my blog. tropix-blue.blogspot.com/2008/09/beacon-of-light.html - Bay Canh Island, French colonial

So, anyone else knows Con Dao Island or others Island in Vietnam ?
Please, share your experience with us, in this topic.
Looking forward for your comments,
Alex