Living standard in Kuala Lumpur

I understand that living standard in Kuala Lumpur increase .

I was at one Utama and have small drink at toast box, cannot believe it Tea C cost me RM2.30!!! Is just small cup only .. How KL people survive ?

I think Singapore living standards much more lower than KL, we still able get S$2 chicken rice .. Donot compare with currency rate .. basic need in Singapore still reasonable ..

suggest you better stay in singapore since its so cheap

I would say the hiking up of the pricing in Malaysia is partly due to the government policy. They don't even welly control the economy in Malaysia. Based on my understanding, lots of countries (not even Malaysia) are facing the increasing of the living expenses. Anyway, we have to accept since the government not even take a serious action on this issue. 

By the way, Singapore is better choice if you manage to get a job with better salary there. However, bare in mind that the living (accommodation and transportation) expenses in Singapore is 2 times higher than Malaysia. Food, daily users are cheaper compared to Malaysia.

Personally, Malaysia is a good country to live. In Singapore, you earn more but life is hactic! There is another country which most of people might forget about the existence of it. It is Brunei. In Brunei, the amount you earn is almost similar to Singapore (some slightly lower), but life there is cheap, relax and peaceful.

Yes, you are right August.

By the way is Brunei English speaking environment ? And is Muslim country as well ?

I never been in Brunei, it totally new world to me... wat I knew is a very rich country... OIL....

I am currently living and work in Brunei.

To be honest, Brunei is very relaxing country. You know, I go to work at 8.00 am and back from work at 5.00 pm. I never have any chances to do my OT as the work load is just enough for you to get it done within your working our.

In terms of life, the food here are cheap. A normal economy rice for my lunch is only cost me 2.00 BND - 3.00 BND. Accommodation only 200 - 300 BND per month with the space of 200 Square feet. Car sold here are very cheap. You can easily buy a second hand car with price less than 10k BND. If you wanted to buy a first hand car, a normal Toyota Vios only cost you 22k BND.

It is Islamic country. Alcoholic drink, and cigarettes are banned in this country. But you can still able to find the source to get these goods or go back to Malaysia (Miri, Limbang or Labuan) to get this with cheaper price.

If you are a person who like a relaxing life whole earning enough money for the life, Brunei is a best choice. But, if you are a workaholic person which need a very explosive environment, this place would be your death place since it is kind of boring!