Moving to Fiji

My husband and I are looking into moving to fiji but having troubles finding out what is required to move there, can anyone help??? Sponsors, required finances etc
Any websites that are better than others...
We are wanting to start a resort there, so any suggestions knowledge of requirements would also be helpful

THANKS!

Hi JenandSteve!

Welcome to Expat.com!
I hope members of the forum will help you soon.

Regards
Armand

Hello Jen and Steve,

To live in Fiji, foreigners need a residency permit.

For living in Fiji or starting a business, a good place to start is this website:
http://www.fiji.gov.fj/index.php?option … Itemid=159

Best wishes for your adventures in Fiji.

John

Thanks!
We will check out that website, hope to be there soon!

We bought land on Viti Levu this year and will be building a house there before 2017 and retiring to the Coral Coast at that time.  I have been told by residents there, that is is difficult to get a job, unless you start your own business, which also has some issues to resolve, but not impossible.  Can't wait to move there!!

[Moderated: No free advertisement please]

hi!
my husband and i just have gone through the process and can definitely give you lots of do's and don'ts advise if you still need it! let me know! you can email me at [email protected]. best wishes!! =)

Hello JenandSteve,
Did you manage to get some help to reside in Fiji. I think this is the right time for investing in Fiji since the policy and incentives is really good compared to past years.thanks

Hi JenandSteve

You can enter Fiji with work Visa or resident visa.Work Visa is for you to get and employer to give you a letter or contract for your work.For resident visa you will need to buy a property in Fiji valued at F$100,000.00 or have F$100,000.00 in your bank account in Fiji.Then you'll have to apply to fiji immigration attaching your bank statement or copy of property tittle with police report and medical report from your country.We have properties here in Savusavu,Fiji incase you need to buy one.
cheers -mccaigwatgmail.com

Bill Will wrote:

. . . . For resident visa you will need to buy a property in Fiji valued at F$100,000.00 or have F$100,000.00 in your bank account in Fiji.. . .

As a retiree (AKA 'assured income' permit) I did not have to buy property or have F$100,000 in a Fiji bank account to obtain my Fiji residency permit.  I simply had to show immigration that I had enough assets in U.S. accounts that I would not likely become a burden.  And the police and medical reports, as Bill mentioned. 

However, for renewal, I had to show that I brought an average of F$30,000 per year into Fiji during each of the past 3 years from foreign accounts.

I recommend NOT buying a property until you have lived in Fiji for at least 6 months.  You'll find better deals and understand more about what you want after traveling within Fiji and talking with other expats.  Some places, such as the Nadi area and Coral Coast, are generally over-priced and rely largely on naive newcomers for sales.

John

it seems that only people aged at least 45 can apply for residence in Fiji :(

Hello EscapeFromTheRatRace,

this thread dates back to 2012 but thanks for sharing this information.

Do not hesitate to partecipate in the Fiji Forum, you could start a new discussion and tell us a bit about yourself :)

Regards,

Francesca

Francesca wrote:

Hello EscapeFromTheRatRace,

this thread dates back to 2012 but thanks for sharing this information.

Do not hesitate to partecipate in the Fiji Forum, you could start a new discussion and tell us a bit about yourself :)

Regards,

Francesca

Cosa vuoi che ti dica cara Francesca :)

Vorrei andare a vivere alle Fiji ma non credo posso farlo perche' non ho ancora 45 anni. :(

Tu che fai di bello in Mauritius?

Hi EscapeFromTheRatRace,

Can you please write your post in English on the English forum.

Thank you,

David.

David wrote:

Hi EscapeFromTheRatRace,

Can you please write your post in English on the English forum.

Thank you,

David.

It was just a brief reply to Francesca who seems to be from Italy, nothing helpful to the main issue, sorry.