Louis Klopper

Hi

My name is Louis Klopper.  I'm currently staying in South Africa, but would like to work & stay abroad.  I actually wanted to go to Australia, because my wife has got family there, but that will take 2 years & I do NOT wane wait so long.  The economy in South Africa is bad.  I'm a qualified Tool, Jig & Diemaker.

To obtain a Tool, Jig & Diemaker position with an established company, a prominent, progressive and dynamic organization which can take advantage of my enthusiasm and hard work. It is my desire to increase knowledge and accelerate financial gain for the company as well as for myself. I am a versatile, confident, decision-maker ... Detail minded ... Dependable…..Self-motivated ... Tool, Jig & Diemaker ... expertise in multidisciplinary environment ..

Hi Louis, and welcome aboard !

I've moved your introduction to the Australia forum

Louis
Unfortunately you will need a visa before you can work in Australia. The 457 visa is the better one for you to apply for.

Because you have family connections there you should look into some sort of family visa. www.immi.gov.au 

Sorry to be negative but I had a good saffer tradesman friend who went through the visa process, came across to Perth for 4 months and despite scores of applications, did not get work.

The tendency here is to employ local people first. It could be worthwhile doing an online search for an Australian employment agency who deals with 457 visas for overseas applicants.

Greetings Louis!
Australias economy is in downturn at the moment however one area in demand is aged care and will continue to grow...in this area you would have a secure job for life not only that but some of the best areas to live in the country to live are in coastal retirement areas! Also that industry is not affected by downturns in the economy.I live in such an area it's called Ulladulla in NSW ?...the south eastern coast of Australia....good luck Allan

Thanks