How much money do I need monthly?
What about cost of living in Montreal?

Hi arizam0668,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Hope you will get replies very soon.

Thank you,
All the best,
Christine

Try this website numbeo.com  it gives cost of living for many countries and cities around the world.

Hi  arizam
i wish you find Montreal a nice place but i think you will :)
the most thing that will cost you is the hotel of course i don`t know what is your budget but you can try these places you can get all the data from internet if you search by name and i will write it in french as it is:
Chez Roger Bontemps
Hebergement Montreal
Studios Jacqeline
Lido
Metro
Wandlyn Metropolitain
Pierre motel
and for youth also you can find it cheaper:
Auberge de jeunesse de Montreal
Auberge de l`Hotel de paris
College jean de brebeuf
Vacances Canada 4 saisons
for transportation you can make a card called OPUS and you can use it for both metro and bus for 78$/month for adults, kids are free to use public transportation
for Food there are a lot of places you can buy like, Maxi, Metro, IGA and super C
finally it depends as you can spend more or less   
i wish you find this useful for you
if you have any questions you can ask!
nice trip

Hello
I live in Montreal.
Housing is more affordable than Vancouver or Toronto, but still more expensive than Florida. 
he biggest hit you will take when coming to Montreal is taxes.
On a salary in the approx 135 thou rage you will pay about 40% of it in taxes of some sort (federal tax, provincial tax, unimployment insurance Medical Insurance and on and on)
This is much more than in the US.  The mortgage on your house is not tax deductable.  You pay for 100% of it from your salary and it does not come back at tax time.

Now if you drive a big gas guzzler.  Today the price of gas is $1.34 a liter assuming an on par dollar this amounts to $5.07 per USG.  Ouch

Once your kids are over the age of six the child tax benefit no longer applies. 

We live nice in Montreal with two kids and spend about $1000/mo on food.

Two cell phones 150 per mo
internet, tv and land line 178 per mo
electricity for heating etc 240 per mo

school taxes 800 per year
municipal taxes $3000 per year

Cars are more expensive than in the US.  Your US car would not pass a quebec inspection.  Cars up here need running lights.  If your car is relatively new it would pass the other tests.  If it is anyway older don't bring it.  It is not worth the headaches.  BTW at -25 a car that is iffy in the south probably won't start up here.

Hope this helps
Best of luck