Hi,
I've accepted a teaching position at a school in HCM so will be heading over at the end of July.  The blog has been really really helpful in preparing!

I'm an English teacher from the UK and I've been teaching 7 years.  I lived 5 years in Rome and spent the last 5 years in Spain living in Córdoba, Sevilla, San Sebastian and Mallorca.  I also lived a few months in Cyprus!  I love travelling (",)

Looking forward to arriving and hope to meet new people!

Hi,

Nice to meet you here and welcome to Sai Gon. I hope you will have a nice time and have great friends here.

Truc

Hi Stephen,

Nice to meet you and I hope Vietnam will be a great experience for you. :cool:

Hi Stephen,

Welcome you to Saigon. I'm living in Saigon. If you have any difficulties in Saigon, or wanna go out for a drink, just drop me a line. Very nice to make friends with you and everybody here.

Cheers,

Hi Stephen!
Welcome to Saigon! Wish you a happy life in Saigon!

Ken Charma

Welcome to VN :)

welcome to VN Expat.com. i am helping vietnamese in english online.

Hi Stephen,

Welcome to Vietnam. I am in Phu My Hung - District 7. If u want to know any thing around here, or Vietnamese Culture in general, just let me knows :D. I bet you will learn new "interesting" things every day :D.

Enjoy,
Hai

Nhut Hai wrote:

Hi Stephen,

Welcome to Vietnam. I am in Phu My Hung - District 7. If u want to know any thing around here, or Vietnamese Culture in general, just let me knows :D. I bet you will learn new "interesting" things every day :D.

Enjoy,
Hai

where did the name "Nguyen" originate from?

hELLnoi, from China, right =)), i'll make the others feel scare :D

Dee Nguyen wrote:

hELLnoi, from China, right =)), i'll make the others feel scare :D

you are a smartie cookie..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nguyễ … _and_usage
make others feel scared?? scared of what  :joking:

:/ oh, sorry, you not me >"<
Thanks for your information, its useful :)

StephenV: just a friendly triggering point that you have only lived in European cities, and Asian society and culture is a heck of a lot different. Still, when in Saigon, do as the Saigonese do, LOL.  Happy and peaceful days to you.