Visiting Malaysia and Singapore

Any expatriate from riyadh who has visited Malaysia and Songapore, ...pls share some info about the required documents for the visas of these countries, how much time does it take to get visa, what are the fees and most importantly....do we need to get Singapore visa from Riyadh or it can be obtained from Malaysia. Thanks

I dont know about Malaysia but Singapore Visa can be obtained thru authorized agents in Riyadh. do check this link.

http://www.mfa.gov.sg/content/mfa/overs … rview.html

I got mine thru Alfifa and it took a week. It required a employment letter (tareef).

Do check however if you are a national of the countries in this link. Then you are not liable for on arrival visa.

http://www.mfa.gov.sg/content/mfa/overs … ments.html

Thanks for the useful info Saqib. I am pakistani national and fall under level 2 probably. Can you tell some details about this letter of introduction, my company only gives us letter tha contains all the job related info but is addressed to Pakistan embassy....will that do !

You will find the visa requirements for both visas online, Saqib already pointed out one, ask brother Google for the other :D

The visa for Malayasia should be easy.Info is on Malaysian Embassy website http://www.kln.gov.my/web/sau_riyadh/home

We have just come back from a holiday from Malaysia.

Its a fantastic place enjoy.

(if you need any info on Malaysia please do get in touch)

You shall need a letter of introduction addressed to embassy of singapore. It must be in english only. This is like the normal company letters

You can call Richard who is at the Alfifa agency at and get further info +966 50 742 0449
Embassy charges 90 SR. AlFifa charges 200 SR per passport. Take along two photographs per passport. Fill in the tourist visa application form. Google it as i dont have the link now.

Dear SaudiUK,

Yes I need info about where to stay, any reasonable family hotel, around 3 to 4 star, preferably apartment.
Also would be great if you could share some of the wonderful attractions that one should see while on Malaysian tour. Would a 15 day trip be sufficient to visit all the major landmarks. Should our base be in kualalumpore, or we should plan in such a way that we spend around 3 to 4 days on each significant spot near kualalumpore,like Genting Highlands :)

Hsni wrote:

Any expatriate from riyadh who has visited Malaysia and Songapore, ...pls share some info about the required documents for the visas of these countries, how much time does it take to get visa, what are the fees and most importantly....do we need to get Singapore visa from Riyadh or it can be obtained from Malaysia. Thanks

for Malaysia and Singapore, you need to tobtain visa from their embassies situated in DQ.
As for documents, take employer certificate with salary mentioned, get attested from chamber of commerce, take 6 month bank statemment, and a few pictures too (on the safe side). That should do!

Hsni wrote:

Dear SaudiUK,

Yes I need info about where to stay, any reasonable family hotel, around 3 to 4 star, preferably apartment.
Also would be great if you could share some of the wonderful attractions that one should see while on Malaysian tour. Would a 15 day trip be sufficient to visit all the major landmarks. Should our base be in kualalumpore, or we should plan in such a way that we spend around 3 to 4 days on each significant spot near kualalumpore,like Genting Highlands :)

2 weeks is enough for Malaysia, for hotels depends on your budget check agoda.com, booking.com and decide hotels based on reviews and your budget.

out of 15 Days, do 3 days in Genting (enough) and rest split into Langkavi and KL.

Do visit the Sentosa Island in Singapore. it has many attractions and will take upto 4-5 days to visit all. Dont forget the Universal Studios there.

Pkmusd,

Great, thanks for the info. I am checking booking.com but at times it is so difficult to finalize a hotel, in pics it looks good but the rating is low and vice versa. Should we go by rating or these ratings don't matter much !
Actually my company is reluctant in giving me the intro letter in the name of Singapore embassy, but just in the name of my native embassy's name. Any idea whether such a letter would do. However such a letter is acceptable to Malaysian embassy. So I guess getting visa for Singapore would be somewhat difficult this time. Please come up with some suggestions if you have in this regard.
Also would you be kind in specifying some decent localities (somewhat quiet, easy access for food stuff and transportation)for family stay in the areas you mentioned, specially in Kualalumpur.

@Saqib, thanks for info anyway.

@Hsni  Go to tripadvisor.com and check the user evaluations on hotels.  I do this on every single trip I make and have never gone wrong!!

Thanks Alliecat

is malaysian embassy entertains the walk in citizens or i need to have any agent for visa stemping