Water bill.......please advice

So, from March until April we were traveling and not in Malta, we came back few days ago and found a bill for electric and water for the time we weren't in Malta!!  about 60 EUR for Water! so friends please advice... whats going on?????? we live in a new building with many flats,

can be a mistake from the water company?
or can be the owner of the building cheating and taking our water, but how can that be!!!

please help me with this, what should we dooooo

There's a good chance that someone is siphoning water out of your roof tank or a genuine leak perhaps.

or one end (or both) of the bill is estimated not actual

georgeingozo wrote:

or one end (or both) of the bill is estimated not actual

hmmm, can you please explain more?

is the start or end reading (or both) estimated ?

Designs wrote:

So, from March until April we were traveling and not in Malta, we came back few days ago and found a bill for electric and water for the time we weren't in Malta!!  about 60 EUR for Water! so friends please advice... whats going on?????? we live in a new building with many flats,

can be a mistake from the water company?
or can be the owner of the building cheating and taking our water, but how can that be!!!

please help me with this, what should we dooooo

Is this a bill from your landlord or ARMS?
You say you were away from March to April but what about May?
Like GIG said is it an estimated bill?

Terry

also what tariff are you paying - all the above are relevant and have an effect on the bill..

stealing others water and electricity does happen, leaks on your side of the meter also happen so check the pipes where they go and check your readings regularly too - just to be safe. The bill consisting of two pages should be the one issued by ARMs, or if the landlord is issuing his own it should be backed up by the ARMs bill.

if the readings on the bill have an E against it its Estimated. If the readings have an A then its and Actual reading  - if it has C against them then its your own customer supplied reading.

Check the bill for letters "E" or "A" - first is estimated (based on your past consumption), second is actual (based on the meter reading.

If it's "E" - everything is ok, you can pay and then offset it with actual reading

thank you all for replying,

yes there's an E letter beside the number of meters .... we will go to the ARMS on Monday...really thank you for your help :cool:

If you are going to live in this apartment, just pay this bill and don't worry - in actual 'A' bill everything will be adjusted

in fact an estimated bill doesnt need to be paid in full - by law and as quoted to me by ARMs Ltd on a queried estimated bill i had once  - all you are required to pay on an estimated bill is the meter charges.

Many of the problems ARMs have is due to the estimated billing and it is highly questionable that they can actually lay claim on a guesstimate of your usage.,... as only actual usage can be legally claimed