Learning Spanish in Colombia

Hi all,

I am planning to learn Spanish in Colombia.  I have checked the websites and found that the prices for the course varies.
Has any one got any experiences or tips to share so I can make an informed decision to choose the best available option as I am on a budget and not a loose one.
Basically, what is the most affordable/ value for money way to study Spanish in Colombia, in terms of quality of instruction, accommodation and living expenses costs.
I am planning to start with  basic level and go from there, so I may be in Colombia from a month to three months or more.  Muchos gracias.

Welcome on Expat-blog Gary!

I have moved the thread on the Colombia forum. I hope another member will be able to help you.

Good luck
Christine

Dear Gary

I tried 2 weeks at the university in Chia at a cost of $200 a week and without doubt the worst learning experience of my life.

Gary, except for high school Spanish, I pretty much taught myself. One GREAT TRICK was to marry a Mexican gal.
  Until you find a school...use the tv, shows you've already seen, cartoons are also good. Your basic police/shoot em up are
good..."stop police" "shoot the %##%"  you'll find you catch on. Since my Spanish is Good luck.

Hi Gary:

Check this website about learning Spanish in Colombia. Spanish language school in Leticia, Amazonas.

hi Gari T
i am Comlombian people I am interested in improving my English I Offer a language exchange with lodging in Bogota Colombia
bay
Carlos R

Gi'day GaryT,
How about sharing your Colombian destination.
In what city will you be staying ?
Thanks for the redirect Christine.

speak with people ..in the street
Colombians are very friendlies
it s the best way to quickly speak....
JL

Dear Gary, check out The Amazon Spanish College in Leticia, Amazonas

http://amazonspanishcollege.com/cycle/server/data/files/bungalow%20tr%C3%A4dg%C3%A5rd.jpg

[moderated: no ads on the forum + pls post in the classifieds section]

For learning you should check out schools in Manizales or ask if the teacher of the school of your choice is from this city.  Spanish speakers from Mnaizales h e the least amount of accent and for me are the easiest to understand.  I took classes before arriving to Colombia and I was told I speak Spanish like a Mexican. Since I have been learning Spanish in Manizales people say my accent is clear and understandable, not like other gringos. 

Good luck in your search!