Driving license in the Cayman Islands

Hi all,

Can a foreigner take the driving test in the Cayman Islands?

What are the formalities to get a driver's licence in the Cayman Islands?

Do you need special or extra documents being an expatriate?

How much does it cost?

Thank you for participating ;).

Armand

It has been 13 years since I was there. A criminal record check is mandatory. Plus bringing your drivers record. Learning to drive a right hand drive vehicle was easy. Harder was relearning to drive a left hand drive when I returned to Canada.

:top:

I was able to simply show my US driver's license to get my CI driver's license. Pay, they'll take your picture and voila. I believe you will need to write a test if you come from certain countries though.

Hi Chloe & welcome to Expat.com!

Thanks for your contribution.;)

Harmonie.

Thanks Harmonie!

I just went to my driver test. You must show your passport and your driver license from where u are from. The test is 25 dollars and it is 40 multiply choice questions you must get 32 right. Most people fail on their first attempt i did. When you pass it is 150 dollars for three years.

vittoria1 wrote:

The test is 25 dollars and it is 40 multiply choice questions you must get 32 right. Most people fail on their first attempt i did.

It's a bit of a swindle. Pretty much EVERYBODY fails the test the first time. I don't know why the authorities don't just charge $50 and be done with it!

some of the errors i made regarding what horses do when they are in the left hand lane and when cattle are crossing what do u do?
the question are very silly and you must know the wear of a trailer tire is etc. But i did pass finally.