Massage Therapist Arriving December 2013.

Hi!

My name is Megan, my husband and I (and our dog) are moving to Riyadh this December. I am a massage therapist and will (hopefully) be continuing to practice while we're living in SA. I know things are more strict for women there, but hopefully I won't have any issue continuing to work.

We will be living in or near the Diplomatic Quarter and would like to work in the DQ or out of my home. Does anyone have any useful advice or tips for the transition?

Thank you!
Megan

you are welcome in our country

Didnt you posted this a couple of days ago? Are you looking for differenct answers or did you lost your post?

If you are a certified massage therapist (what I understood is that you are more of Spa's/ Swedish relaxation massage more than a physiotherapist working for a hospital) . Then I will suggest finding a job in one of the high-end ladies centers, like maison de joelle , Al Multaqa, Kingdom, Luthan or in ladies gym like Curves or Golden gym.. If you are coming in a family visa (dependent on your husband) then you are officially not allowed to work, few months ago I would had said this will be no problem, but the labor market in Saudi is facing a tough campaign by the government to organize it and employers are not taking chances with employing people who are not under their sponsorship…so your options are to working from home and network ( the word of a western girl giving massage will spread in Riyadh like fire). Or try to find a job before you come here and come under their sponsorship.

You should know the following ; You can ONLY give massage to ladies, Massages and Moroccan/Turkish  hammams are very high in demand here and there are thousands of ladies centers in Riyadh

hello
welcome
before you can do contract with any ladies massage center but
after what the government campaign
you can't work at any place without  their sponsorship
so you have to looking for sponsor
or work as home massage service
and about last one you must be carefull

[Moderated: Please register yourself into Business directory]

Hello Megan,

can i know price for massage per hour? if you can mail me to
[email protected]

thanks

alnwera wrote:

Hello Megan,

can i know price for massage per hour? if you can mail me to
[email protected]

thanks

Please note that this post is over 12 months old now so you may not get a reply.
You are welcome to open a new thread on the forum

Is your hasband do massage 
Contact me [email protected]

Hi Megan!
Welcome to you and your family to the Kingdom! Hope you guys are settling in okay.
Send me a message regarding rates if you have figured it out.
Canadian Timmy

Megan,
As for tips for living here, I'm not in the DQ, but everything you can find here that you could find at home.
If you havn't read on other blogs before bring tons of music and any hobbies with you. Outside the DQ my wife and I have had a relatively good time finding what we need in the shops around Riyadh, I'm sure you'll find tons of stuff for your dog.
As for things to do, my wife and I are still exporing the city and the Kingdom. We've only been here for 2 months and while some nights are quiet, there are groups I am sure that are inside the DQ that have events and once you land and start meeting people events pop up. I heard about a recent quading adventure/tour out in the desert from the amercian couple that recently took a tour in the desert to "Edge of the World".
Don't forget some good sunglasses. =)

Hi how r u ?
Welcome to Saudi Arabia
U still here and make massage ?

Hi khalid_a112

Welcome on board :)

Please note that this post is a bit old and i suggest you to start a new topic with all questions or requests on the Riyadh Forum :)

Thank you

Maximilien

[Moderated: No phone number allow on the thread please]

Where are u now

Moderated by Yuveshen
Reason: Please register yourself in the directory section- Therapist in Riyadh.

Hello

If you can make a private therapy at my home please contact me * i need a therapy for the right leg

Manald wrote:

Hello
If you can make a private therapy at my home please contact me * i need a therapy for the right leg

Hello Manald :cheers:

For info, the initial post is dated May 2013 and the member has not been active since  :whistle:

Regards
Kenjee

Closed