By Train Through the Andes

This looks like a great way to get from Quito to Guayaquil, assuming you're in no hurry.

I went to the TrenEcuador website to see how much it would cost, but couldn't find Quito-Guayaquil, only individual segments of the whole trip -- for which, prices are very reasonable. It might be fun to do part of this just as a daytrip out of the city. Has anybody tried it?

Bob

From what I heard, the trip goes from Quito to Duran, that is close to Guayaquil and the trip last 4 days.

You make several stops in different towns an places like Cotopaxi to sleep, eat and do some tourism.

Vinny

It just started this past week (Quito to Guayaquil) and is very expensive.

One post says prices are reasonable and one says very expensive. I suppose cost is rather subjective. Could we please get an actual dollar figure so that we could determine on our own whether or not it's "reasonable" or "expensive"?

I didn't know there was a train from Quito to Guayaquil, so this is very interesting. I didn't plan on visiting Guayaquil since people make it out to be a dirty, industrious, crime-ridden city, but others talk favorably of it and a train ride sounds nice.

$1270

defuera wrote:

$1270

Holy f********. I think I'll stay in Quito.

Actually, the introductory rate will be $990.00 and remember this is a 4 day journey. 

Mike

wow Only $247.50/day wonderful