Cost of living in Belarus

Hi everybody,

It would be very interesting to start a topic about the cost of living in Belarus. It would help a lot.

(Don't forget to mention where you are living)

Let's compare the:

> accommodation prices (how much does it cost to rent or to rent an accommodation in Belarus?)

> public transportation fares (tube, bus etc ...)

> food prices(per month, how much does it cost you?)

> health prices (for those who need medical insurance)

> eduction prices (if you need to pay)

> energy prices (oil, electricity)

> common bills (Internet, television, telephone, mobile phone)

> prices of a good menu in a traditional restaurant

> prices of a beer and or a coffee in a regular pub

> price of the cinema

Did I forget something or is this list complete enough?

Thanks in advance for your participation!

Hi,
I intent to move Belarus in January 2010 3-6 months to learn Russian . I need info about living cost, apartment rent est.
All kind of info and advise are also welcomed.
Thanks

Same here, I am from Mexico and I am living in Germany at the moment, and I plan to move in january to Minsk.  I would like to know how much does it cost to rent a shared room in Minsk.  If there are any websites, or any help as far as how much it is and if there are any expats that need any roomates.

Thanks,

Rafael

Expat.com wrote:

Hi everybody,

It would be very interesting to start a topic about the cost of living in Belarus. It would help a lot.

(Don't forget to mention where you are living)

Let's compare the:

> accommodation prices (how much does it cost to rent or to rent an accommodation in Belarus?)
> public transportation fares (tube, bus etc ...)
> food prices(per month, how much does it cost you?)
> health prices (for those who need medical insurance)
> eduction prices (if you need to pay)
> energy prices (oil, electricity)
> common bills (Internet, television, telephone, mobile phone)
> prices of a good menu in a traditional restaurant
> prices of a beer and or a coffee in a regular pub
> price of the cinema

Did I forget something or is this list complete enough?

Thanks in advance for your participation!

> accommodation prices (how much does it cost to rent or to rent an accommodation in Belarus?) one bedroom flat in Minsk - EUR 250, out of the capital - EUR 100,
> public transportation fares (tube, bus etc ...) EUR 70- rambler for ALL transport..
> food prices(per month, how much does it cost you?) Self catering - EUR 150
> health prices (for those who need medical insurance) No health insurance - cash ONLY, (tooth filling - EUR 40)
> eduction prices (if you need to pay) EUR 2000 annual APRX
> energy prices (oil, electricity) petrol EUR 1 - liter
> common bills (Internet, television, telephone, mobile phone) internet unlimited - EUR 50 monthly
> prices of a good menu in a traditional restaurant - EUR 20 and quality is poor..
> prices of a beer and or a coffee in a regular pub EUR 2 for a ball..
> price of the cinema - never went to..

Regarding web sites and ads in Minsk and Belarus:
irr.tut.by/?
all.by/ ,tut.by  (and follow according to your search interests)
irr.tut.by/? utm_source=tutby&utm_medium=icon_link&utm_campaign=main_page

Regards

I don't know, when you found that prices in Minsk. These prices happen only in very expensive shops.
Real costs there is:
rent - about 100 dollars USA;
public transportation - about 15 dollars USA for ALL transport;
food  - about 100-150 dollars per month (for hight quality products);
full medical insurance - 35 dollars per year;
petrol - 1 - 1,8 dollars for liter (depending on a kind of petrol);
In any other European country there are no such cheap prices for products and habitation. It is connected with low incomes of Belorussians. For this reason Russians and Ukrainians comes to live here.
(moderated: no ads please)

Very Good Topic! Thank You!

Though, I visited Minsk a few times.  I still can't seem to receive the right info and prices seem to change often.  Eugene & Vitaldo, it seems like you both are almost in the same vicinity.  I guess depends of type of quality of foods and location of living renting or buying.

1) My Question is what is the average & Highest earning of income Monthly or Annually in Belarus, Minsk.   I've heard $500 -  $700USD.….$1,000 in higher positions USD a month. Is this true?

2) What are the cost of an average Apt's or Houses in Minsk.  (Newer homes). 
I've heard $75,000 for older …..  $250,000 - $375,000 for newer Apts. & $500,000 PLUS for houses in Suburb areas.  Is this true?

3) Vehicles.  This is something that really caught my eye.  I've seen many new Euro & US Vehicles in Minsk.  Such as Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Toyota, Saab and etc" ' ' ' ' ' ' ' '. 
With the amount of income that a regular Belorussian makes a year.  How is this possible?.  Is it cheaper to purchase in Belo/Euro than the U.S.??

How much does these vehicle go for there?.