5 good reasons for living in Guatemala

I am asking all the questions right now. I do not live there yet and have not even visited yet! So for me, I am asking all the questions as to---what are the pros and cons to living there--this does in fact fall under the heading "What are the best reasons for moving to Guatemala". I am not limiting my reasons to "just five"!
  So I believe I am very much "On Topic", and the contacts I am making are going to make my first trip much more stress free, as I will know a lot before I get there.
If you follow the conversations, you will see that all of the conversations deal with, security,safety,best locations, contacts, transportation, and local facts and weather.
All of these topics are relevant to people interested in visiting and moving to Guatemala.
I regard this "stay on topic" remark as a "knee-jerk" response to
possible negative comments or questions.But I would ask the same questions if I was moving to Detroit, Michigan!!!!Nobody would get upset there with my questions--so neither should you!
If you live there, you know all the answers--or most.I personally know nothing and don't want to be caught with my pants down, as I did in Washington D.C. in 1980, Or Prada, Columbia in 1999!!!!
Steve.....

You're asking all the right questions Steve, and they all have to do with the 5 best reasons to live in Guate.

DQ

The climate. The coffee, the fruits and vegetables, hospitable people.

Hi PaddyRoyal,

The reasons why you like to live around Lake Atitlan sound great, and I'm glad to know that there are people talking French down there :)
My mother tongue is French and even if I'm speaking English (not fluently yet)it's good sometimes to have a break ;)and speaking French.
You wrote that you are glad being able to practice Spanish and French on a daily basis and I think that I would be delighted practicing Spanish and English.
How long did you live there ? In which village are you living ?
I'm a therapist and I'm wondering if I could work there.
Have a wonderful day !