Recruiter is not replying after accepting job offer!

Hi All,

I have this weird case that I'd like to know what do you think of it and if it happened with anyone...

I had an interview and was accepted and made an offer, I accepted it, and sent soft copies of my passport and documents... After that recruiter said that hiring is on hold until they get a visa patch which will take up to 2 months... It's been one month so far, so I thought of asking about the status of my visa... but I found no answer to my 3 emails!

Is it normal for HR not to respond like that? I'm being offered other opportunities and I need to know If things are going ok, or they cancelled my hiring!

If it puts you at ease, that part of the process took 3 weeks for me.  This is peak hiring season; it's likely for things to take a bit more time.  Plus, you were given a timeframe of up to 2 months.  So quit emailing HR because they have no control over how long it will take, and therefore, no answer for you. Get used to how long basic processes can take.  This is how the Saudis do things.

at this time the king gave a time frame until early August late July for current expats to correct their residence status in Saudi. A lot a lot of work is being done by the Authorities to get things done. so your papers at this time will require longer than ever before.

unless your recruiter is well connected or has a well connected person on call you will need to wait a bit longer sorry

Thank you for your replies, it puts me at ease a little

QuietEureka wrote:

Hi All,

I have this weird case that I'd like to know what do you think of it and if it happened with anyone...

I had an interview and was accepted and made an offer, I accepted it, and sent soft copies of my passport and documents... After that recruiter said that hiring is on hold until they get a visa patch which will take up to 2 months... It's been one month so far, so I thought of asking about the status of my visa... but I found no answer to my 3 emails!

Is it normal for HR not to respond like that? I'm being offered other opportunities and I need to know If things are going ok, or they cancelled my hiring!

Glad you have seen glimpse of Saudi while still settled out. Excuse me for this.
The hiring process takes time and if the locals (in HR) are involved then it is going to take considerable time, specially these days the buzz is saudization due to which company might have shortage of visas etc. However, you should try contacting them and finding out whether they don't have the visas or have they asked for additional visas.

Everything is normal in Saudi, its unlike the rest of the world.

Adding to what @pkmusd said above: Make sure you don't piss them off with your follow-ups. HRs here are like that. They don't reply and if you ping them again and again, they'll start hating you.

In my view, if they don't get back to you in 2 months as they said, you can linger your wait time for 2 more weeks and then it's better to move on with your life assuming that have lot many issues in their org.

Well, I forgot to say that he's not a Saudi national, an Indian I guess.
I said no yesterday to another offer and I wll wait for the end of the 2 months.
@TheLegendLeads: I think they hate me now already :(

They must be busy trying to sort out your visa or something in relation with that.

The professional ettiquete in Saudi are not something to look upon.