Going out in Java

Hi there,

Which are your 10 favorite places to go out in Java?

Which places would you recommend to newcomers? (restaurants, pubs, discos, theaters, cinemas, concert halls...)

Thanks!

10 tempat paforit di luar jawa yang bagus di kunjungi selain
   Bali adalah:
1. Sumatra barat (ranah minang ), sikuai island, paradiso
   island,etc
2. Sumatra utara (medan-batak), Nias island, toba lake samosir,
   air terjun sipiso piso,etc
3. Bangka belitung
4. Aceh
5. Kalimantan
6. Sulawesi ( Makasar, manado bunaken, etc )
7. Bandar lampung
8. NTT, Flores ( komodo island, etc )
9. NTB
10. Papua, ( Biak, etc )

10 places outside Java paforit good in the visit other than
   Bali is:
1. West Sumatra (Minang realm), Sikuai island, paradiso
   island, etc
2. North Sumatra (Batak-field), Nias island, lake Toba Samosir
   Sipiso Piso waterfall, etc
3. Bangka Belitung
4. Aceh
5. Kalimantan
6. Sulawesi (Makassar, Manado Bunaken, etc)
7. Bandar Lampung
8. NTT, Flores (Komodo Island, etc)
9. NTB
10. Papua, (Biak, etc)

Welcome to Java Island!:D

Jakarta:
1. Monument National
2. Pasar Baroe
3. Fatahillah Museum
4. Ancol Bay City
5. Taman Mini Indonesia Indah

Bogor (West Java) :
6. Bogor Botanic Garden
7. Cilember Waterfall

Bandung (Capital of West Java)
8. Cihampelas Walk

Yogyakarta :
9. Borobudur
10. Malioboro Street

other than those mentioned anna there are also some alternative places

Jakarta:
1. Seribu island
2. Bidadari island
3. Sunda Kelapa Harbor
4. the old city (museum fatahilah area)
5. Taman Mini Indonesia Indah
6. Shoping center ( Plaza indonesia, senayan city, cilandak
    town squere, Ambasador Mall, Pondok Indah mall, EX, FX,
    etc
7. Jaksa street, n  many more

Bogor(West Java):
1. Cafe de daunan (are in botanical garden)
1. Taman safari (animal garden)
2. Taman buah MEKARSARI (fuit garden)
3. Arung jeram lido
4. Agrowisata gunung mas (puncak area)
5. Salak mountain

Bandung is paris van java (capital of west java):
1. Braga street
2. Dago street
3. Gajah mada street (ITB area)
3. Gedung sate
3. Factory outlet n distro
4. the peak
5. Lembang
6. Kawah putih
7. Tangkuban Perahu n many more

Central java, Jepara (carving center) :
1. Karimun jawa

haizzz..

I hv mentioned : Museum fatahillah & TMII

:cool:

Olla..

I m a native Yogyakarta so i ll just talk about my city and my favorite :p

fav.hang out place
- Sosrowijayan street (esp.Bintang cafe its like the coolest live house in jogja.they play free cool music)
- Garden cafe in Prawirotaman area
- Jogja National Museum ( if you like sitting under hugee tree and drink beer while sketch/read a book)

fav.place to eat/get coffee
- Raminten! (its kinda a must! very famous,everyone knows it n very cheap)
- K meals and Nanamia (for pizza if u dislike pizza hut)
- Around code river at night

fav.night club
-BOSCHE!

Fav.beach
- Drini beach
- glagah beach

random good place to visit
- around merapi after the eruption,crop circle,malioboro,kraton and alun alun

hope it help :)

I WOULD LIKE TO INTRODUCE YOU GUYS:
PANTAI BANDENGAN IN JEPARA - MID JAVA
GEROJOKAN SEWU IN SEMARANG - MID JAVA

@JDewi -> Can you please lower your caps lock when writing? :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hehehehehe, sorry.
thank you

Sapulidi Bandung......very nice traditional village restaurant and you can stay there too......

- Raminten In Jogjakarta is a pretty cool restaurant. The staff dress traditionally, funny signs all over the place, cheap and good food. And by cheap I mean very very cheap!

- Braga street in Bandung, lots of small bars. Good restos. Very popular with the tourists.

- Novus hotel, Puncak. You can do activities like flying fox, horse riding, etc. The architecture of the hotel is pretty nice too, plus you can feed monkeys every morning in your own backyard, and yes, they are wild monkeys!

- Lara Djonggrang restaurant, Jakarta. My friend just took me there 2 days agp and I love everything about it. The food and its presentations, the decorations, exterior,interior, the huge tree? Though I'm kind creeped out by that one. Lol

Thats it for now, will put more when I remember other places :D

try this one " Batu at malang city " we call them with " litle swiss"

Hi there....thanks for your request ..... and I am sooooo glad to be on this forum......such an interest in places in West Java....so "fasten your seatbelts?...here are my suggestions...
(I have lived in Bandung for the past 11 years and loving it....and even though I am a westerner / bule all my friends are Indonesian)
1.....Sapulidi which is a traditional sundanese eatery....best go there with a local driver.....there is a Sapulidi near the Ciwalk Mall....but I suggest you go to the main Sapulidi which has great views for the camera....and really good food.....you'll surely love it there...souvenirs are reasonably priced.
2....Tangkuban Perahu Volcano...perhaps the only "drive-up" volcano anywhere...with a local experienced driver you can go to the edge of the main crater.....go to the visitors centre which is run by local people and talk with the young lady there who knows all about this volcano and its history....(do not be tempted to tgo into the main crater....the gasses can be quite dangerous) we have stood on the protected rim of the main crater of Tangkuban Perahu and never had any problems...a slight whiff of sulfer and you can hear the volcanic hissing and gurgling from the rim...
3....Tea Plantations further down the other side of Tangkuban Perahu
4....Sari Ater Hot Springs......go to the Hotel's Hot Pool and enjoy a swim in the naturally heated hot water...
5.....Lembang on the way back from the Hot Springs and the Volcano.....a mountain plataau town...
6....Hotel Panorama...usually nice a la carte Menu here at the Hotel Panorama Lembang....
7........Garut....the Cangkuang Temple...accessed by crossing a lake on  bamboo raft.....great photo ops....and you will see up close a 700 year old Hindu Temple...
8.... Oom Asep's Strawberry Farm Garut......both the temple and the straberry farm are in the outskirts of Garut....just over an hour's drive from Bandung....
9....Hyatt Hotel Bandung.....four main restaurants.....and delicious food at reasonable prices...if you budget permits a great place to stay...friendly staff....five star hotel at less than a 100 bucks per night....
10...Bandung's factory Outlets....all over the place....but many within walking distance of the Bandung Hyatt....
please ask favenchi any questions about Bandung.....

Hi, Any details about Semarang please

lizzaik wrote:

Nice Topic lot of participants :) ,
because i am from Jawa Tengah,
i know about Semarang,
you can go to historical place like Lawang Sewu ( A thousand doors), also Night tour there is amazing, lit bit horor! LOL
Near Lawang Sewu, you can take picture at Tugu Muda (symbol of Semarang city! )
you can go to Kota Lama (Old Town), its like Kota Tua at Jakarta :) have old buildings like Gereja Bledug (Bledug Church) etc.
also you can go to Mesjid Agung (Holy Big Mosque-idk how to translate it :D ) , Klenteng Sam Poo Kong (place to pray for Tiong Hoa ) it is nice place with lot of reliefs about history of Sam Poo Kong it self.

well that more or less that i can mention, i hope help you lizzaik :)

greets,
Debby.

very much and many thanks for these info's

What about lifestyle in Semerang??

lizzaik wrote:

What about lifestyle in Semerang??

It's Semarang,
the lifestyle, not so different with Jakarta, crowded because it is a capital of Jawa Tengah,
lot of malls, night life, gathering ppl at morning also, and the price for foods are cheaper than jakarta.

Lovely, thanks for the good answers, what about renting a classy villa in a compound, like 2 bedrooms villa with landscape,etc.., how much would you expect the annual rent (in Dollars please)

lizzaik wrote:

Lovely, thanks for the good answers, what about renting a classy villa in a compound, like 2 bedrooms villa with landscape,etc.., how much would you expect the annual rent (in Dollars please)

halo Lizzaik,
hehe idk about renting there, as i know for rent a house at urban Semarang (Bawen) annually is 450-550 USD i think it could be more at Semarang city.
you gonna move there?
welcome then.

Oh yea,,,will check all these and then decide to move either on temporarily or permanent

Taman safari is well worth a visit.

http://www.tamansafari.com/

PL ratu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuHzd4AG … w&index=20

you sure it is annual (450 To 550 USD)?????

lizzaik wrote:

yes, it is annual for rent a house in sub urban Semarang, so cheap right?!!
about apartment cost, i have no idea :P

dbee_curly wrote:
lizzaik wrote:

yes, it is annual for rent a house in sub urban Semarang, so cheap right?!!
about apartment cost, i have no idea :P

I'm a bit out of date but you could easily get a house in Jogjakarta for that sort of money up to a few years ago.
That's assuming you don't want to live in a bule bubble.

Thanks Fred

Thanks dear, will check this on the field
Cheers

lizzaik wrote:

wow, there are many places to go here. What is your interesting?
I will try to give you information.

Nice to be in touch, just getting some general information as I am planning to be there on 25th May next month, exploring if to partner with my brother who already has a factory running since a year ago and possible to double it up to him and be full partner, and start living there for 6 months a year in and out..
So, what would be the range of renting a very good clean and quality Villa(1 to 2 Bedroom) in a compound annually????
How does the City looks like??? lifestyle, living cost???
Basic info's will help a lot before reaching there
Regards
Ahmed

Ahmed,
I have no idea which part of Semarang are you interesting at for your accomodation. But it will range from 1,2 million rups to 7 million rups a month if you want a mid-high level housing.

I suggest you to start from a save level for expat since this is your first visit here. Maybe you can stay not far from your brother, as he stays here one year.

The city is amazing, heritage city. Conventional if you compare with Jakarta. Comfortable for living.

Regards,
Dewi

Hello all.

Just to note that this thread title is Going out in Java.

@Ahmed -> Maybe you could start a new thread on the Java forum with your questions for better interaction. ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Thanks

dbee_curly wrote:
lizzaik wrote:

Nice Topic lot of participants :) ,
because i am from Jawa Tengah,
i know about Semarang,
you can go to historical place like Lawang Sewu ( A thousand doors), also Night tour there is amazing, lit bit horor! LOL
Near Lawang Sewu, you can take picture at Tugu Muda (symbol of Semarang city! )
you can go to Kota Lama (Old Town), its like Kota Tua at Jakarta :) have old buildings like Gereja Bledug (Bledug Church) etc.
also you can go to Mesjid Agung (Holy Big Mosque-idk how to translate it :D ) , Klenteng Sam Poo Kong (place to pray for Tiong Hoa ) it is nice place with lot of reliefs about history of Sam Poo Kong it self.

well that more or less that i can mention, i hope help you lizzaik :)

greets,
Debby.

Hi! We recently moved to Semarang. Would like to add few more places I visited & enjoyed.

Tay Kak Sie Temple
Stasiun Tawang -
Tanjung Mas.
Vihara Avalokithesvara
The Nine Temples – Gedong Songo
Banaran Cofee Plantation
Water Blaster (Water Boom)

These places too worth visit -
On-On Pub
Basilia Restaurant
Massimo pizzeria

I love this place.

Ocean Queen resort in Pelabuhan Ratu, wast Java is not bad. The beach is OK, big waves. Another is Sawarna Village, beach with white-ish sand, beautiful surrounding, rice field, bat cave. Though its a bit of a pain to get there.

Usually almost all local people are going to Puncak highland like mountain at Bogor city, Bandung regency when a holiday season arrives