Is it possible to get a job when I don't speak French?

I am a graduate so naturally I have been considering volunteer work as a teaching assistant until, I can get on a TESOL and do my PGCE. However, numerous sites ask for both French and English.  Where I stay everyone speaks Creole and the emphasis appears to be on the French side of things. Would it be pointless for me to approach English teachers? Also I have a interest in nursing and I would be doing my MA in nursing if I was staying in the UK so I plan to speak to the nurses there. Dose anyone know of areas or places where the emphasis is more upon the English side until I learn lots more French/Creole? Or is it really going to be as hard as I believe?

Of course, its possible...after all the official language of Mauritius is English. However, it will depend on your work and the environment with which it relates too. Most people can understand and write English fairly well, but a large number still have trouble speaking.
In the business, educational and corporate world, you will have no problem interacting in English. You will not be required to learn French or Creole in these fields and also if you are working for foreign companies or organisations primarily geared toward English-language markets.

I am currently learning creole, however I am working for the uk health service so iv no international options other than asking the people I meet when I arrive. But yeah, cheers for the inspiration, ill feel a little more hopeful now.