In Bocas for Our Wedding

Hello Everyone,

My soon to be Wife and I have been here in Bocas now for one week and loving most of our stay here. We have had some challenges of obtaining our Panama marriage licence. The government did not like one of my documents and wanted it appisolated. The only way I can have this done is to fly to AZ and have it done then fly back for the wedding. Right now we are in negotiations to find a solution to this challenge. I will keep you all updated on this.

One thing I learned is if it is a legal form and you plan on living here, have it appisolated before leaving the states. I would not rely much on the U.S. Embassy for help.

Another issue here is garbage, heaps and heaps of garbage. This was the same issue that was here last year at the same time. It apparently last year and this year there was a break down in the contract and trash removal is now very limited. The people here are very very upset because of the image this is portraying and for obvious health reasons.

Besides the negative, we are really enjoying the people, the weather, and the scenery. Majority of the people here, both expats and Panamanians are just wonderful. There are a few thorns in the rose bush but we either snip them off or just avoid them.

Cheers,
Wolf

Thank you for sharing your experience with us Wolf! :)

Aurélie