The Eagle has Landed!

Okay.... maybe more like an Old Crow!
My latest experience was this: I flew into GYE. on a totally full flight. I knew customs was going to be a horror. I was through customs, collected all my luggage, and in the pick up car in 44 MINUTES!!! Sweet.
Immigration asked me 2 questions, stamped me, and I was on my way.
To answer some often asked questions:

I was never asked for proof of return flight. < this time, your mileage may vary >

I had: 2 laptops, 2 cameras, 2 cellphones, a tablet and a reader. Nothing was ever questioned.

This was the most seamless and pleasant experience I've had in international travel. The agents at the GYE. airport were very polite, professional and had excellent English skills. I will always choose to go through GYE in the future, as it was so much more expedient then my past experience at Quito, plus, you are right in the middle of the hub of the city in GYE, whereas in Quito, you're out in the middle of the boonies now. Perhaps that will improve with time?

I wish you all, Happy and Safe Travels.
Neil
Ps. I'll keep you posted on Visa experience, meeting with attorney's today.

Is this your new website?

You didnŽt tell us how your stay at the Murali was and whether you met a new owner named Steve, and whether you experienced fog over the Cajas.

Nards Barley wrote:

Is this your new website?

You didnŽt tell us how your stay at the Murali was and whether you met a new owner named Steve, and whether you experienced fog over the Cajas.

Sir,
I defer ownership of the website to you, The Grand Poobah of All Things Ecuador.

The stay at the Murali was for the most part okay. Cold shower, no bath mat available, almost went down a couple of times. Luckily, I'm very nimble on my feet, and re covered in a most graceful fashion. < honestly, I'd have loved to have a video of it, could have been on World Funniest Videos > Steve is no longer in attendance. Currently a nice young fellow Francisco. Very helpful and eager to please.

The Cajas: Evidently there is a skill set that these Ecuadorian drivers possess that  allows them to maintain break neck speed while driving through a fog bank, with no visual reference. Quite a talent I must say. I have to say, when I could see, it was the most breath taking views I've seen to date. Awesome.
Stay Well,
Neil

well man, I hope your temporary acccomadations are up to snuff while you find furniture and artwork for the new place. Here are some decorating ideas if you need any.

The accomadations are very nice. Small world deal: I have an appt. today, and asked my realtor ( who'll be in attendance ) if it would be out of her way to pick me up on the way. She laughed when I sent her a link to the building. She lives in it!
I appreciate any and all recommendations regarding the furnishing and decorating of the new joint. I saved the link and will check it out when time allows.
Thanks

Great news, Neil -- I hope Ecuador turns out to be all you're hoping for.

Happy to hear about the electronics. I really think they'd be foolish to enforce their rules as written (and apparently they realize it too).

Not sure hat I'll do about the return ticket -- you're one of several to say it's not a problem, but I'd sure hate to show up at O'Hare and not be able to board.

Bob,
Firstly, thanks for the good wishes.
As far as the return flight question. I wouldn't change a thing, I'd go ahead and book the back end flight. The last time I flew in, they asked for it. To me, the minor cost difference was well worth the peace of mind of not having to worry about it cropping up. As you know, sometimes round trips are as cheap as one ways.
Stay Well,
Neil
Ps. I don't even know if in an updated system they are aware you do have a round trip ticket booked, because I had a connecting flight with the same carrier?

Hey Neil, you made,
Glad all went well, and you made it there safely. Of course ignoring the slip up in the bathroom.
Busy day today. Email you later
Hans

Bienvenido a casa !!

Welcome home !!