Texas weather

Anyone deciding to move to Texas will need to be aware that the weather in Texas is like no other place.

We are located in an area where the winters are short and mild and the summers are LONG and HOT!

We usually have winter from the end of December to the end of January.

There can be days where all seasons are experienced. You leave for work or school and the temperature may be 20 degree fahrenheit, by the time you get ready to go home it may be 80 degree fahrenheit.

From June until about October, you can expect triple digit temperatures. In 2010 we had 60 days of consecutive triple digit temps.

If you decide to live in Texas, please be aware that you will need to be tolerant to the temperatures.

Hello cs.donaldson.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Thank you for these informations.

Aurélie

I agree.  The heat is horrible in Texas and, what makes it worse, is the humidity.  So, if you are not familiar with the heat and humidity, then consider another option.  I also agree that we experience a variety of weather ranges in one day.  So, never plan to pack away your summer clothes as you may need them one a day in the middle of December.  But, again, summer heat is horrendous....it is so unbearable that you can't enjoy the outdoors.

I stayed in Austin for 8 months or so, going from a summer that was so dry and hot they canceled fireworks for July 4th, and even trees by the river bank were dying off.
When winter came, I was assaulted by something else unique to the area, allergic reaction to the pollen of the Ashe Juniper, known locally as Cedar fever.

I'd still love to live there again.

I love it here in Texas, I came in March and so fare i like the weather. IŽm from cold Norway so I guess that I love any places that is warmer:)