Mail to Haiti

Is it possible to send mail to Haiti via the US Postal Service?  Does Haiti have a postal system?

Hi,

Haiti does not have a mail system, certainly not delivery. Some of the larger organizations do have systems set up to get mail, but for most people the way it's typically done is to send it with someone that is going and have someone meet them in Port-au-Prince and pick it up. I'm sure there are other ways, but that is what I see done most commonly.

Thanks!

That is false. There is a mail service, it's slow, not well managed but it exists.

I don't mean to sound stupid, but would I use my friend's address in Sarthe?

It can work but usually I prefer to use an address that is downtown one of the main city like Port-au-Prince.

Yes Haiti has a postal system. They have a website and are present on social media as well: http://postehaiti.gouv.ht

But personally i would prefer using services from UPS, FED-EX or DHL which are present in Haiti if sending anything important.

Thanks for the info!

If you don't want to go with the governmental postal service there are some private companies that handle this and assure your package is delivered. It might be a bit costly, but yes packages do leave and exit the country and find their intended recipients.