Migration agent for state sponsorship?

Hi everyone,
I've just registered and find it comforting to get info right from people with the right experience!
I'm French, currently pursuing in MBA in Sydney and on the list for state sponsorship in WA, SA and Canberra. I was wondering if you all used the service of a migration agent (they'll say you need them) or did you handle the entire process on your own and saved a good amount of money?

Looking forward to getting your insights,
cheers

S

Hi Slinoa,
I didn't apply for state sponsorship. However, I did apply for the  skilled independent visa on my own by following the information in immi.gov.au I think if you are fluent in understanding the English language and your situation isn't complicated and straight forward, you can apply on your own by following the instructions. Also, you have an advantage of currently being in Australia. You can always visit the DIAC in Sydney to ask any questions in person. There is an area in that office that you can wait in line and will be able to speak to someone in person. I did this back I'm 2009 while vacationing in Australia.

I don't know the how much it costs for a migration agent. But I'm assuming it could be a couple of thousand dollars? Maybe higher or lower dependent on your situation. Better to save the money for other expenses especially if you are currently going up school. However, if you feel more comfortable getting an agent, then follow what you would like. Even though you will get an agent, I think you still have to do some work in providing documents that you will need to get.

Typo above with auto correct. It should say ...going to school and not going up school. Good luck.

thanks JB!

hi i have the same problem i do not know how to continue my viza and if it is better to do throw agency where i can find it??????

thanks JB